Home CCTV Surveillance

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by SkyAce2004, Dec 31, 2006.

1. SkyAce2004

SkyAce2004 New Member

Im looking to place a CCTV camera on the outside of my house. I have a police cruiser parked in the driveway that has been vandalized twice so far and I would like to setup some kind of video monitoring on my driveway. Ive looked on ebay for outdoor night CCTV cameras but they all look like junk. Im looking for a decent camera I can mount on the outside of my house and feed the source into my computer for daily recording.

Can someone please direct me to where I can purchase a decent camera for under $200. It doenst have to be an IP camera as ive got a tuner card and software to run it already.

Im not looking for a professional service. Just a decent quality, color, night time, cctv camera.

And if anyone has a camera outside their home, is there anything you would advise of?

Thanks.

2. reznor

reznor New Member

3. 7960

7960 New Member

this will do better here...good luck

btw, why don't you just sit up one night and shoot them?

4. Tvan

Tvan New Member

If you have a mac, you could set up remote image capture with any digital camera. This is assuming that you can shield it from weather conditions and keep it hardwired to power.

5. SkyAce2004

SkyAce2004 New Member

6. SkyAce2004

SkyAce2004 New Member

lol :hsugh:. Ive already got an idea who it is. I just want to confirm it and have proof of it.

7. SkyAce2004

SkyAce2004 New Member

No Mac.

8. 7960

7960 New Member

Then go shoot him and if it stops, you were right :rofl:

9. 7960

7960 New Member

seriously, why not go in a local camera place and ask questions...they may not know much but they'll tell you about a "security" place in your town/city that sells a bunch of this stuff and they'll set you up.

there's a place in my town that sells all kinds of surveillance stuff. I had no idea the store was there becuase the guy intentionally keeps a low profile so the cops don't hassle him for selling keyhole cameras, button cameras, waterproof cameras :ugh:.... basically he's selling a lot of shit that has only one purpose, spying on someone in your home.

anyway, I was looking for a special video camera and a place sent me there. If I wanted a camera outside my house I'd go there first.

10. SkyAce2004

SkyAce2004 New Member

Well, there are no specialty camera shops where I live. I live in a no-name town of Florida. Population: OLD people. The closest thing to security cameras ive seen in this town is the shit walmart sells and the D-Link cameras Circuit City sells.

Telc, look at the specs on that camera. pretty crappy IMO. 320 lines of res. 2lux lighting... no thx. Like i said, im wanting to spend upwards of $200 for a camera.

11. SkyAce2004

SkyAce2004 New Member

12. 7960

7960 New Member

that's my point...I didn't think there was in my town either until I asked around.

it may not be in your town, it may be a town or two over, but for $200 I'd rather talk to someone and pick the thing up than buy it online and hope it's not a plastic piece of shit when it arrives.