Home audio noise question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Reverand Jonas, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Reverand Jonas

Reverand Jonas Tool > *

hello, i am somewhat new to home audio, and i have a problem with my setup. i have my computer hooked up to my suround sound reciever with a long RCA cable. when i switch sources to listen to my computer through the reciever, i get some sort of a feedback. it is pretty loud, and quite annoying.

when i was playing around with my TV the other day, i disconnected the Cable line from the back of the TV and the feedback on the reciever stopped. when I plugged it back in, there was the feedback again. does anyone know what I can do to stop this? is there some kind of a filter I can put either in the cable line or the RCA to make this stop?

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

ground loop problem. Is the computer grounded to a different circuit than the cable box?

3. edrox

edrox A good man, and thorough

Get a higher grade of coax - better shielding. Checkthe RCA cables themselves, you might have a short in one of the connectors. Try replacing the patch cables with anothre set and see if it goes away/

4. Reverand Jonas

Reverand Jonas Tool > *

thanks, ill try those this weekend

5. Ronin

Ronin Guest

Shiva

6. Reverand Jonas

Reverand Jonas Tool > *

what does the feedback sound have to do with the cable? it only happens when the cable is plugged in