home audio issues

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by dukedevil0, Jan 17, 2005.

1. dukedevil0

dukedevil0 Stop looking at me, swan.

I have a few questions that would be great if they would be answered, would really help out....first I'll give some background

In my fraternity house, we are setting up a speaker system in the dining area, a very large room. We have located the receiver in one corner of the room, and we want to put the 4 speakers and 4 powered subwoofers in each corner of the room.

How can we hook up the 4 subwoofers efficiently? I hear that if you go over a certain distance you lose signal. We need to go around 65 feet to reach the far corner. Can we split the signal so that we don't need to get multiple long cables?

Thanks for any help!

2. Ronin

Ronin Guest

I know there are Y splitters and such but I not sure about stuff for 4 seperate subs, I suppose you could look into club related cabling and things considering most clubs have like a huge ass load of subs and speakers, anyway you get the idea.

3. 04

04 Guest

Are you going to use seperate amplifiers for each subwoofer? If not, I would suggest just doing 10awg or 12awg runs of wire to each seperate subwoofer. That should be plenty if the speaker's nominal impedence is 4 ohms or higher.