home audio in a condo

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Simple, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Simple

Simple Sexy Beatch

I've got a 940 sq ft condo that I would like to eventually get an entertainment system for. I would like to get audio in my bedroom which is adjacent to the living room but I'm not sure whether I should run speakers off a receiver or just buy a $200-300 bookshelf or lifestyle system and throw it on my bedside table or something.

recommendations?

2. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

Well, what are your goals and what is your price range?

If you want quality sound you'll need to run separate speakers, not an all-in-one stereo and definitely not something made by Bose. If you want something easy that sounds fine but won't blow you away then sure, go for an all-in-one.

3. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

Just get a receiver that does 2 zones. Then you can play a different source in the bedroom than what is played in the living room...or you can play the same source along with different volume levels.

4. veonake

This would require running wires through the walls and going to the living room whenever he wanted to change settings on the receiver. It didn't sound like he wanted to do something this involved in his post.

5. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

I know what it involves. I was suggesting it simply b/c it's another option aside from having a seperate shitty shelf system in another room instead of decent inwall, or wall mountable speakers.

6. Ronin

Ronin Guest

if you get a shelf system get a Tivoli, its basically a baller ass alarm clock

7. veonake

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Blackberry 8830: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I figured you knew what it involved, I hope you wouldn't post something you don't know about. I was mentioning it in case the poster didn't understand what was involved.