WEB Holy shit, 1and1 hosting is so fucking :bowdown:

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by undirected, Mar 12, 2009.

1. undirected

undirected Guest

I've always liked them, their service has been great, great hosting, awesome prices...so the yesterday I had a 40 buck invoice to pay and the paypal account that was hooked up was an old one that no longer had the right payment info on it. I went ahead and hooked up my student checking to the account but wasn't planning on paying the bill until today, since my deposit needed to go through otherwise I would overdraft.

Well, they took the payments out anyways, and they billed me individually for each part of the package (each individual domain, etc.) so I racked up a few overdraft fees and was in the negative. I sent an e-mail to customer service at midnight right before I went to sleep, fully expecting to have to fight them every step of the way....I check at 9AM this morning and they've already contacted my bank and had the charges and fees reversed.

If you need hosting, go with 1and1, can't say enough good about them :bowdown:

2. Jd

Jd Active Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (fuckbitchesgetmoney: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D060; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

That's quality customer care at its finest. :h5:

My old gym did the same thing to me and caused my account to overdraft. However they didn't do shit about the fees I accumulated from the bank. They pretty said I was shit out of luck. Needless to say, I didn't resign the contract with them.

3. dissonance

dissonance reset OT Supporter

Why would you have to "fight them every step of the way". It was your fuck up. You should have contacted them before and asked that they just wait a few days to make their withdrawal.

And its your bank's decision as to wether they remove the fees. Normally if you go in and talk to the president or some other high up they will remove them for you, so long as its not a common occurance.

4. undirected

undirected Guest

Before I hooked up the credit card, I sent a message via their online form and told them that I could not charge it yet, and they did it anyways. Probably technically 100% my fault, which makes 1and1 even better for helping me out regardless.

5. Browning

Browning Active Member

they suck

6. Pepsi1975

Pepsi1975 Mod of the Year

one of the worst fucking hosts i have ever used

7. undirected

undirected Guest

fuckin thing sucks

8. undirected

undirected Guest

Holy shit, they also just completely deleted the invoice so now I don't owe a dime for a year's worth of domains and hosting. :rofl:

9. Pepsi1975

watch tomorrow they will double bill you :rofl:

i had a domain registered when i had hosting with them, i did not resign for hosting after a year

they went ahead and held my domain name captive wanted me to pay them almost 200 for them to release the domain name :rofl:

10. LowClass

LowClass New Member

LOL!

In basic thier new datacenter in ...kansas? kentucky? where ever the fuck, works well. There hosting has good uptime. The problem is tech support if you ever need any help, or something did go wrong.... your screwed because they just do not know a damn thing if you can even understand them. That creates a major issue. Also their domain registering is horrid, only have 30 with them until i realized it, now i register through everyone else.

11. undirected

undirected Guest

What don't you like about the domain registration? I've picked up 10 or 11 so far from them with no issue.

And yeah, I never call tech support for any companies like this because I know that will be the case. It's so simple that any monkey can do it with basic technical knowledge.

12. LowClass

LowClass New Member

Their registration is not instant. Atleast not when i used it. I had registered some domains and there was some issue i had to call in about. Basically they hold them at 1and1 but do not register them with icann or whoever right away. I started using godaddy in which i know right away that i ahve the domains registered. It is especially needed if you are on domain lists for keyword domains, you need to be able to register things fast.

That has been my experience, that way probably about 2 years ago that i had stopped using them.

13. undirected

undirected Guest

Oh...I mean, I've had to wait 20-30 minutes at times but they've always been pretty quick for me.

14. ruler22

ruler22 Member

1and1 sucks, I wouldn't recommend them to even my enemies

15. undirected

undirected Guest

So you hate them more than your enemies, then?

16. Zephyr

Zephyr New Member

bounceweb is looking good, they have 50% off for all OTers.

i currently use surpass for the $1 hosting deal, they're pretty damn good. I <3 them.

17. ruler22

ruler22 Member

heh, I just don't like them. First you call up and get some Philippian (sp?) retard working the phone, and everytime you call up to ask about the same issue, you'll get 3-4 completely different answers/solutions to it

18. opie

opie hi. OT Supporter

1&1 is horrible.

19. Krakerjak

Krakerjak Active Member

You might say they are his arch-nemesis :eek3:

20. toogood

toogood New Member

My experience has been the exact oposite with their costumer support... but I do use them for domains. Free private registration for the win:)

21. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

It's a pretty high charge to recover an expired domain from ANY provider

22. Pepsi1975

i tried renewing it before it expired and 1 and 1 would not let me, then i paid godaddy the $20 or whatever to try and snag it, and then that is when 1 and 1 started sending me emails telling me i can have my domain name back if i paid them almost 200 and they would release the name

23. ge0

ge0 New Member

been using them for 5 years, never had a problem.