SRS Holy Geez I miss my mom....She was the best :(

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Holaback, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Holaback

Holaback Guest

Less the a year ago my mom passed away from cancer.

Please bear with me cause the way this dream that just happened to hard to explain.

I just the strangest dream how I was visiting her at her grave sight and the ground around her slowly started to crumble and she slowly arisen from ground...still on her back with her eyes closed. I slowly start to see she her and she is slightly decayed and cold in color. For some reason I wasn't scared.

She slowly awoken eyes still shut and started to craw around blindly looking for someone or something I kept kept calling her.. yelling out MOM! Mom! She didn't seem to see me or hear more but then out of no where I see something she throws out me which is orange. I catch the item and look at it:
    A pack of my fav Asian instant noodles she's always buy for me when I was younger. When i realized what it was I started crying and then i woke up from my sleep.

Damn I miss my mom. She was the best and always took great care of me. I love u mom. I miss you. :(

2. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

:hug: sorry to hear your mom has passed away

hang in there

3. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Moms are the best :love:

:hug:

5. Mulsanne

Mulsanne The Man = Funk Fusion Chaos

:( :( :( :(

:hug: x 11ty OH man this thread tugs at my heartstrings more than any i can remember. Having just been home for a few days for the 4th and now back at school I miss my family and was sad to leave...wow this just got me...

I'm sorry

6. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

7. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

:hug: I just dreamt of my mother 2 nights ago. She died in 2000 of cancer.

it gets easier, but you will have times like this even years later.

8. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

My dad has been gone 20 years this year....my brother 22 and my step dad 4. I've had many dreams with them over the years and I like to think of them as visitations from my loved one. Some are sad but most are actually happy and ALL of these dreams just serve to remind me of the love I had for them while they were here. They also remind me to not take any time I have with my loved ones for granted because noone knows.....we can all be gone in a very short time.

I'm sorry for your loss and I hope you can remember the good times you had with your mom. I'm sure she wouldn't want to make you sad....she may have just wanted to say hello.

9. bushdog

bushdog not so l337 member OT Supporter

my father passed jan 30, 2000..it still hurts.. everyday you will get stronger as time passes.

just remember important dates, times, events and so forth. hearing stories from your mothers friends, sisters and whatnot will make you feel closer.

trust me. I work through it everyday and everyday it's just a fraction easier...

10. ridah626

ridah626 OT Supporter

im sorry about ure mom. ive had alot of friends pass away in a short period of time and i know its not the same thing but i think about them quite often as well. i remember one of my close friends passed away and i had a dream i was talking to her and when i woke up it felt like as if she was still here. give it time shes in a better place.

11. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

i dream about my mom all the time. at first the dreams would upset me cause i would wake up with my heart ready to explode with pain from missing her. as the years have gone on (9 years this november) i have started to love dreaming about her. while its not as good as seeing her, talking to her, hugging her in person, it sure as hell is better than nothing.

big hugs. its always sucks to miss your mom :(

12. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I don't even want to think about my mom being gone

:hug: for you

13. MikeTheVike1

MikeTheVike1 OT Supporter

:hug:

My mom died about 4 years ago. I had I had a crazy dream a couple years ago where I came home and my mom was alive and walking around the house like everything was normal. In my dream i was struck with emotion, I was crying, and I started talking to her, explaining that she died a year ago..woke up with crazy chills going through my body.

14. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

15. Trickypants

Trickypants OT Supporter

That definitely sucks...:hug:

My dad died in 1994 when I was 16 (actually eight days before my birthday). Biggest thing is he never got to know me as an adult, only as an idiotic teenager. I often think how nice it would have been to be able to go grab a beer and shoot a few games of pool with him as a grown-up (or a reasonable facsimile :o ).

The other time it hits hard is now that my nephews (4 and 18 months) are around. My sister does great trying to teach them about him, even having them say "God Bless Grandpa Jim" in the 4 year olds nightime prayer list....but I always think of how damn much fun he would have had with these kids.

Unfortunately I'm their only male connection to him and I'm trying to do my best to do things with them that I think he would have done with them. Of course that means mostly spoiling them rotten, getting them hopped up on sugar and then dropping them back off. :mamoru:

16. Aronomy

Aronomy Get your COME ON!

That's a really morbid dream. I miss my grandma a lot, this past Thanksgiving was so sad, first one without her, she really enjoyed seeing all the family get together and eat.

17. Teh_Sponge

Teh_Sponge Hey, I got a sub now...

i can definitely relate. my mom died when i was 17 :hs: i really wish she could know me now

18. MikeTheVike1

MikeTheVike1 OT Supporter

I have a hard time at weddings when they do the mother/son dance...first wedding I went to after she died I started crying when I watched the dance. Last couple of weddings, I was ready, and only got a little misty

19. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

^^ i think it stuff like that that continues to make it hard to have lost my mom. i figured out how to live my day to day life without her, but then things like marriage and children come around the corner, and i want and need my mom here badly all over again.

i wish i could tell people it gets better with time, but i'm not sure it really does. it just changes.

20. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

Wow :hs: For all of you who have lost your moms or dads, I am so so sorry. I can't even imagine the pain you must feel.

When my mom got cancer again last summer, she initially decided to refuse treatment. There were times I felt I could barely breathe for fear of shattering into a million pieces. I can only imagine that the pain you all have felt is at least a million times worse. :hug: My prayers are with you all.

21. Imok

Imok New Member

I had dreams about my dad for quite a few years after he passed. I was usually trying to save him in them.

I know it is hard but it does get a little easier with time, I know that doesn't help at this point since it is still so fresh. I think losing a mom or child is the hardest of all.

22. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

My dad died in '95, and I was 20 at the time :sadwavey:

:hug: to all who have lost a parent or both.

23. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

24. Curren$y

Curren$y New Member

:wtc: i feel for all you guys who have lost loved ones.

25. danceswdevils

danceswdevils New Member

Oh dear. That dream seems just so poignant to me. It is so hard to be orphaned at any age, and to lose the one who knew our needs and desires better than any other person on the planet, and loves us so much that she would literally reach out from the grave to give us our special little comforts, just makes my heart ache for you.

If it's any comfort, I don't see this as a frightening dream so much as a very clear way of expressing to yourself all the "mothering" that you have lost. I'm so very sorry. I lost my dad at age 9, and I still miss him dreadfully sometimes. But it does get better, and your ability to understand and verbalize the depth of your loss will help you through it.