GUN Holy fucking price gouging...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 4thgenceli, Jun 3, 2009.

1. 4thgenceli

4thgenceli Active Member

Dropped by a pawn shop on the way to class to see if they had any .40 hollows in. Fucking wanted $49.99 for a box of gold dots hollows....

On another note, I'm no longer allowed to frequent that pawn shop after my actions either...:naughty:

2. cp5184

cp5184 New Member

translation: meatbag stopped by the pawnshop after going to the range, spent $50 on a box of .40 hollows, and now someone's squeezing his purse strings? (meatbag's a star wars game reference http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e5gTrRzIxA)

3. What did you do?

4. 4thgenceli

4thgenceli Active Member

Big negative on that..

After loudly LOL'ing about the price gouging (as they wanted $25 for 50 blazer 9mm), I turned to the guy next to me that was buying 6 boxes of 9mm and offered to sell him the same ammo for $10 each. He accepted.

The guy behind the counter then asked if they (read the pawn shop) could buy some as well. I told them that the price just went up to $20/box. They wouldn't take it and laid the ban stick down.

5. cp5184

cp5184 New Member

good man

6. bobotech

bobotech New Member

Hero.

7. Hooligan

Hooligan New Member

8. Dobis P.R.

Dobis P.R. Guest

9. thegooch

thegooch OT Supporter

There's no such thing as price gouging. He's free to ask what ever her wants for the ammo, just as your free to voice your opinion of it, make an ass of yourself and get banned from a fucking pawn shop of all places. I still laughed though. :h5:

10. 4thgenceli

4thgenceli Active Member

Meh... fucking technicality. Yeah I know where they're coming from, I do the same thing on computer stuff (hardware/software). Buy it fucking cheap and sell it and flip profits.

If it was a gun dealer, I wouldn't of done this to be honest. The dumbasses at this pawnshop kept trying to sell me on a holster for a xd .45sc saying that the holster would fit in my xd40 because 'it shoots a smaller bullet'.

11. thegooch

thegooch OT Supporter

Most dealers won't mark up shit to that extent, and guess what if they do people will shop elsewhere. That dealer if he has any business sense (which most likely doesn't hence the ridiculous prices) will figure out why he isn't getting business and lower his prices based on the current market. Take AIM surplus for example, they held their prices during the panic and as a result received more business than they ever have before, creating an at times 4 week delay on orders. Whereas, cheaper than dirt jacked the fuck out of their prices, pissed alot of folks off and lost a good deal of customers.

12. 4thgenceli

4thgenceli Active Member

Yep...

That's why I've bought all my guns & supplies at this 1 dealer. Prices only went up 3bux a box for the 9 and 40.

Speaking of holsters... any suggestions for IWB for a xd40 service? 4-6pm carry. They were all out :(

13. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

How many rounds?

14. Asses Maximus

Asses Maximus Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Guns d

1. I was not aware of a an XD .45SC only the .45C
    2. My XD .45 service and my xd .40SC both fit in my Serpa the same, but my MTAC for the xd40sc does not fit the xd .45 service. If it has an open bottom for the barrel, I dont see why they arent interchangeble.