Holy drama

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Socrates, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Socrates

Socrates New Member

My best friend since kindergarten called me at 3:30am saying "I just caught my wife cheating on me! The guy is still here! Come beat this guys ass with me."

I was thinking :eek3:. The two of them have been married for 5 months, and have only known each other for 10 months.

I jumped out of bed, got dressed, and did about 80mph over to his apartment (I just bought a trans am yesterday, didn't want to get a ticket already, but I came close :)), and some ugly overweight guy is sitting on the couch teary-eyed, while my best friend and his wife are arguing. My best friend already beat the guy.

He works 3rd shift at his job. Usually from 10:30pm until 7am. He got off work early, and came home at around 3:15.

When he got home, he opened the door and walked through the living room towards his bedroom. He saw two people laying on the ground under covers snuggled up next to each other. He naturally thought it was another couple who spent the night or something, so he kept going into his room. His bedroom was empty. He went back into the living room, and his wife and some guy are sitting up now, looking like a couple of deer caught in the headlights.

She claims there is nothing wrong with what she did. She says all they did was watch a movie and fall asleep. He was a guy she dated long ago. She was a virgin before she got married, so they never did anything.

They were both dressed, even though she was wearing short cotton shorts.

Before I keep making him sound like more of a saint, he cheats on her. He has done it twice already, with two different girls, and he is going to do it again.

They need to get divorced.

Does OT think she cheated?

2. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Of course she cheated. There is no excuse to have even put herself in that situation either (in the small chance that she didn't cheat).

I hate to say this, but they've only known each other 10 months and they've been married for half of that? You should slap your friend upside the head and attempt to knock some sense into him. Chances are he doesn't even know his wife or the type of person she is.

Good luck to him.

3. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

rofl @ beating some guy up then telling him to sit the fuck down on the couch and wait for my friend to get here to beat you some more.

4. drjamima

drjamima Active Member

Even in the fucking unlikely event that she didn't sex him (she did), the whole situation reeks. She wasn't in her bed, she was giggling underneath the covers with this guy, and then the deer in the headlights look which gives it all away...as if that look needed to.

Plain and simple, she fucked some other guy, got caught, and is now blatently lying about it. This "relationship" is going nowhere for your friend. End it now

5. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

My guess is she cheated...why does he care? I have an aquaintance that freaks out all the time that his SO is cheating on him (although she never would), yet he is ALWAYS cheating on her. One of the reasons he is an aquaintance and not a friend.

They need to just go ahead and see if they can get that shit annulled, there is no reason for those two to be married.

6. MP525i

MP525i New Member

what made them think that getting married would be ok after only knowing each other for 5 months? was she holding out until marriage?

both are at fault and should just go their separate ways. thank goodness there are no children involved.

7. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

8. Socrates

Socrates New Member

He was on the rebound after getting broken up with by his fiance of 2 and a half years, and I don't know what her excuse was.

She wasn't holding out on him though.

9. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Cheating in a symptom of ignoring red flags. Your friend is likely a pussy and is too afraid to dump her so he can be really happy. You know my stance on this, so I'm going to save myself the time.

He likely knew there were problems in the relationship, but he stuck his head in the sand and ignored them rather than being an adult, a mature grown-up, and could not take charge of his own life and do something about it.

He should have dumped her months ago, clearly, and probably because HE was not happy.

Your friend has no self control, and this cycle of unhappiness will repeat itself until he grows up.

10. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Why would he kick the guys ass? He should buy the guy a beer.

11. theaznfunk

theaznfunk B-boy fanatic

I think since this guy really is your best friend and you've known each other a HELLUVA long time, tell him how it is. The straight, objective, cold hard facts. Tell him he should get out of this relationship, get on with his life, and stop being acting like a fool. 10 months? He should've known better, and next time, if he doesn't, tell him to be more patient since, as you said, he was on the rebound. Rebounders don't think straight so friends have to put them back on the right track.

12. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

The husband sounds like an insecure chump. Freaking about her cheating AND cheating on her? That dude has some issues... ibhegetsdrunkandbeatsher

13. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

where there is smoke there is fire

14. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

well I believe in the double standard personally. I don't cheat on my wife and never will (and I didn't cheat on my ex either).

But I believe it is worse when a woman cheats on a man than when a man cheats on a woman.

Even if its a situation where he doesn't satisfy her and she has to get that outside the marriage, she should never have brought that guy to their place. Big no-no.

It is also interesting how she says she did nothing wrong. Generally, women rationalize their cheating and place blame elsewhere while men (when caught or confessing) take full responsibility and are remorseful.

15. lauren

lauren Active Member

how do you figure?

16. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Actually, I would have to say its situational.

Many women marry for reasons other than sexual gratification so they find themselves with a man who is a great father and provider, but can't do anything for her in the bedroom. In that case, I think its unfortunate, but many women will seek that gratification outside the marriage (marry the "safe" stable man, raise his kids, while having sex with the "bad boy" on the side).

In that case I can't fault her too much despite the fact that she is going against her vows. (Because I believe it is the man's responsibility to satisfy her sexual needs, within reason).

Now in the case of a man who is sexually desirable to many women, its is in his biology to have sex with as many women as possible to give his DNA the best chance of surviving to the next generation. So he is constantly having to "put a lid" on his desires for other women in the face of many opportunities. If he slips up occasionally I think overall that is not as bad as a woman who has a man on the side.

Lastly, the basis of male-female sexual interaction is the male dominates and the female submits. IMO, for a male to dominate another female is not as serious an offense as a woman allowing another male to dominate her.

Maybe I'm nuts, but that's how I view it.

17. frpSpore

frpSpore New Member

1) If she didn't cheat (which he will never truly know) she would have and she needs to go

2)Its ok that he cheats on her. First, he didn't get caught. Second, he can do so with impugnity because he has a cock.

18. frpSpore

frpSpore New Member

YOur logic satisfies me. Women may bitch, but we live in a male dominated world. Deal with it or grow a dick.:x:

19. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Of course she cheated. Intimacy is cheating. Whether that guy penetrated her or not, they were in the bed cuddling. Thats cheating.

Before we throw ourselves off the cliff into the chasm of male chauvinism...

I personally don't believe it is "ok" for a man to cheat on a woman.

I do think that many men can do it and get caught and their woman still wants them. Personally I don't want to have to deal with all that and it puts you in a weak position with her if you do get caught and then lastly there is that whole thing about a man's word being his bond so I say if you are going to cheat, stay single. But thats just me, every man has to decide for himself.

20. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

She may not have "cheated" as in has sex with the guy. But I think cuddling and laying under the blanket should be considered cheating, so yes.

21. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

he cheated, she cheated, something must be wrong in the relationship

besides, why kick the guy's ass when the wife cheated :confused:

maybe they need marriage counseling, better yet, they should just get divorced since you said he'll cheat again. how bout beating his ass?

22. bucherfreund

bucherfreund Guest

Hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha!
    OMG I feel sorry for your SO (if you have one).
    I didn't realize people were still touting the biology is destiny excuse for keeping women subordinate. It's good to know the patriarchal agenda is still alive and well in 2006 *heavy on the sarcasm there* I think the most serious offense is that no intelligent female has come along and dominated your ass into reading a few sociology books. (And yes, I do realize that saying this is a bannable offense, but I never have been one to keep my mouth shut in the face of such sexist ignorant crap).

23. bucherfreund

bucherfreund Guest

:iobarf:

24. Abomb

Abomb New Member

interesting thread and you are a good friend socrates

25. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Actually sociology is an interest of mine.

I respect your right to believe that this is "sexist ignorant crap." The more people I offend, the more firmly I believe I am on the right track.

Are you disputing that female submission/male domination is the basis of our sexual drives (in most people, discounting homosexuality etc.)?