holy crap i'm going to kill myself. a month of work for nothing. poll inside :)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by crotchfruit, Dec 31, 2003.

?

which do you like better?

1. groutpab.com

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. buddybills.com

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. you both suck.

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. crotchfruit

crotchfruit Guest

if you need some background, please read this thread:

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=947555

cliffnotes: i spent some time and made this website: http://www.grouptab.com

so i was searching around today looking for places to post my site, and i came across a link to this site:

http://www.buddybills.com

and who would have guessed, it's the exact same thing.. so i basically spent all that time making something that has already existed for years (according to their copyright.)

so my question is, which do you like better? mine (grouptab) or theirs (buddybills)? and the follow question: how can i can destroy them?

2. Scoob_13

Scoob_13 Anything is possible, but the odds are astronomica

I prefer yours :coold:

3. Astro

Astro Code Monkey

Been there and done that... Got the t-shirt too. *sigh*

We've had one startup go down in flames in an entrepreneurship class. That was fun. Luckily we were heavily researching the competition before writing any code (found out the company had a management dream team with funding out the ying-yang).

If you can find an angle to make yours different, then go for it. The Internet is big enough for the two of you (although I haven't looked at budybills.com but it sort of sounds familiar).

If it makes you feel better, I have a site that sort of competes with myautoevents.com. I knew it when I was building it, but I found an angle and ran with it.

4. D1G1T4L

D1G1T4L Active Member

you got to realize that you'll have a lot of ideas like other people, but it all depends how well you'll develop and promote it.

5. Little Spunky $#!T

Little Spunky $#!T :cool:

:werd:

I would still go with your site, some people may prefer yours rather than that other one.

6. Yanick

Yanick Guest

Right, the way you developed the idea will determine which one of you will be the most popular.

I saw each one of the website and first look I would choose yours :bigthumb:

7. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

Yeah, I'd have to say grouptab.com looks a lot better just from checking each out quickly. They say that they have wireless access coming soon though, as well as online payment. Both would be very cool features.

8. Woodmaster

Woodmaster New Member

good work man, dont lose faith.. i love your scripts.. very clean cut.... and I'm glad you are using PHP/MYsql.... open source rules..

9. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

I agree with everyone else. Yours looks better, and to boot, there is never anything bad about a little competition. Half of the worlds businesses wouldn't exist if it weren't for a competitive market.

You think Burger King was worried about starting their business when McDonalds already existed?

Find something that makes your site stand out, or gives a slight variation on their objective. Everybody has their own preference..Just don't give in because one already exists.

10. crotchfruit

crotchfruit Guest

thanks everyone :hug:

i think it was just the initial shock of seeing that site after i was so certain mine was original :wtc:

i guess the next step is marketing on zero budget :wiggle: