GUN Holsters

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Guz200sx, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

I want a holster where I can just clip it to my waistband instead of the current one like I have now where I have to wear a belt and strap it to the belt.

Any opinions on a comfortable one and most likely inexpensive?? any websites I can check out??

Thanks!

2. ryanbum

ryanbum Its the one that says Bad Mother Fucker on it

3. areed89

areed89 New Member

Gregg at comp-tac does good stuff, but don't get the shirt-tucker model. Nicest quality kydex I've seen, but shitty design. The rest of his stuff is great.

4. ryanbum

ryanbum Its the one that says Bad Mother Fucker on it

I have the shirt tucker for my Glock and it kinda does suck but I have the speed slide and a few others and they are A++. As a bonus, he shoots at the range I go to so easy customer service.

5. areed89

areed89 New Member

I really shouldn't say the design sucks, just that calling it a tuckable model isn't right as it just doesn't always work. I Drilled new mounting holes for the belt loop and adjusted the cant on it and use it as a plain IWB every once in awhile. He does have great customer service too, the guy sent me a holster before I ever gave him ANY money, just said "send payment if you like the holster" Good guy for sure.
    Andy

6. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

Only fags sign their post :fawk: :greddy:

7. areed89

areed89 New Member

I'm used to signing posts on digital blackboard so I actually get credit, sue me :fawk:

8. areed89

areed89 New Member

Are those sidearmor holsters injection molded? They sure look like it, I wouldn't touch injection molded with a jennings. Beyond that, they say that their holsters are good retention pieces, that's just a flat out lie. Anyone who has ever done any retention/disarm training knows that kydex is the bottom of the heap in that department. I tend to dislike companies that either make shit up, or just don't know what they're talking about..

9. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

Don Hume makes a real nice clip on IWB holster. The clip is very strong and won't wear out. I've been using mine for several years now with no problems whatsoever. And Sidearmor does make great holsters, I believe the retention is adjustable, but I could be wrong. Email Patricia and ask about them, I've never really heard anybody that owns a Sidearmor complain about them.

10. areed89

areed89 New Member

Retention goes further than adjustment screws man, there isn't a kydex holster on the market that you can't just twist right off the belt.

11. areed89

areed89 New Member

I'm impressed then, looks like the know how to bend very well.

12. spyder007

spyder007 Bаnned bу Ѕuреr Μоdеrаtоrs

I have both paddleback and belt holsters. I prefer the beltslide holsters for a solid smooth draw. A paddleback is decent, but the holster moves more IMO.