holiday plans? v. pics-no-56k

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by JohnJohnJohnson, Dec 7, 2008.

1. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

what are you and s/o['s] doing for the holidays?????

i'll go first. this is a general question. are you religious? secular? what are you doing about it?

edit: make sure to post pics. even if you just have google image stock photography on hand.

She's a recovering catholic. I'm a non-theist, technically Jewish (by ethnicity).

This is the first time in 7 years or so that I'll have a real Christmas. I am extreeeeeeeemely excited and happy about this.

We've put a tree in our aptmnt. Here are the before and after pics.

me:
    [​IMG]

Emily:

[​IMG]

Emily getting raunchy:

[​IMG]

Everything set up:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

for the actual duration of christmas-newyears, we are visiting her family in Italy.

[​IMG]

(I am now technically an in-law. :eek3: :eek3: :eek: )

(:)eek2:))

And going skiing in the alps.

[​IMG]

But the best part is having a real Christmas finally. The insanity of being treated as Emily's HUSBAND when I visit her family is a nice little spike of bonus-drama.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  2. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

very pretty!! i'm jealous :hs: i'm spending christmas/new years in the cold, cold northeast.

3. JohnJohnJohnson

hey.. what's wrong with the cold northeast? my best memories of Christmas are located there. dad would go out to cut down a tree, sit in front of an open fire, all good things.

4. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

yeah, all my memories are here, too. :hs: i have never spent a christmas anywhere else, i'm just envious.. :o

5. JohnJohnJohnson

Colbert on the speakers:

"Oh I want a cold cold Christmas
    One that’s bitter and barren and bleak
    Where the weather’s foul and the west winds howl
    And the sun doesn’t shine for a week
    You hung up my heart like a stocking
    Then went and stuffed it with coal
    Now I want a cold cold Christmas
    To gnaw at the depths of your soul"

:mamoru: Excellent album

6. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

Christian, but my family is a religious melting pot. My family is so big, that we generally have christmas at my aunt/uncle's that are Jewish because it's the best for absurdly large groups :hsughno: Great food, drink a lot of wine, do a hiliarious gift exchange/gift stealing [last year my grandpa got stuck with a thong :mamoru:], then dunno.That's on Christmas Eve, isn't really a religious get-together, more of a family get together.

My mom likes us to go to a candlelight service that evening, and church in the morning [xmas day], and we open presents that night [xmas eve]. Spend the night at my parent's in our old bedrooms [:noes:], check our stockings in the morning, have a brunch, then my gparents come over and my aunt/uncle/cousin on my dad's side for a smaller get together.

Same thing every year, except my sister that lives in NY can't come for the first time and she's really sad because her [live-in] bf is going to be in Romania and she's all alone :(

7. JohnJohnJohnson

that's good but i can't see your pics

8. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

at work :( Not working though, my computer crashed @ homr so I came to my office to write my paper/keep me from being distracted :o

9. JohnJohnJohnson

That's the reason I chose this Thanksgiving to go to another family's celebration - sis was away.

10. JohnJohnJohnson

procrastinating on your procrastinating i see

11. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

It sucks :(

12. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

just taking a little breather :rofl::o

13. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

i've been taking a breather all weekend :o

14. JohnJohnJohnson

pics illustrating your lousy Christmas please

15. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Bf and I are spending X-mas morning with my family :run: Can't wait! It'll be his first real Christmas!
    [​IMG]

16. JohnJohnJohnson

:big grin:

That looks really good. What was the guy, is he Jewish?

17. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

He grew up in Jewish, though we have both been Agnostic for years. All the presents around the tee excites him he says though :hs:

18. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

OMG I'm sooo pumped for Christmas eve- it's my favorite day of the year!! Every year I spend Christmas eve and Christmas day with my family and with my best friend's family. My dad and I are Catholic, my mom and brothers are Christian and my best friend Lisa comes from an ENORMOUS Irish Catholic family. This has been our Christmas tradition since Lisa and I were 13...

So, the Christmas celebration starts at like noon on Christmas eve- I go with my family to my aunts house for an early dinner at like 2. Then off to Lisa's house where me and her, her dad and my Goddaughter (Lisa's 4 year old) make an extremely large and messy birthday cake for Jesus (who only likes 'Funfetti' birthday cake with chocolate frosting :drool:- according to my Goddaughter, so that's what we make every year) Then we go to Lisa's aunt's house for a HUGE Christmas party that lasts until about 11:30, then we all drive down town to catch midnight mass at the cathedral (my family meets us up there too). After that, it's about 2 am ish- Lisa and I go to her house and wrap all our presents and watch Muppet Christmas Carol over and over again until like 7am, when I go home and sleep for a few hours and she makes her daughter breakfast and opens presents. :coold:

So my family does the stockings (there are always oranges at the foot of our stockings and we have to eat them before we have breakfast) then we do presents and dinner thing, we hang out a while, then I go to Lisa's family party later in the afternoon, then back to my parent's house for the rest of the night where we watch movies and sleep a lot. Then we go shopping in the next morning :rofl: My mom's birthday is the 28th and her sister's birthday is the 29th so we have more parties through the rest of the week. :big grin:

We also celebrate St. Lucia day on the 13th which is a little more difficult now that we don't live with my parents any more, but we all make Lussekatt and Pepparkakor cookies (traditional Swedish cookies and cakes) and send them to each other. :hs:

Sorry I don't have pictures, but I'm not on my computer. I'll post pictures of my Christmas tree soon :big grin:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  19. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

i'm having xmas with my family. gf having xmas with her family. Her family is pretty big and i don't want to pull her away from it to come have xmas with us, and i don't know her family that well to be invited to her thing.

It's fine with me tho :big grin:

Christmas is awesome, I love the holiday season, I love the music, I love the decorations, but Christmas day is just like any other day, except you open presents after you wake up in the morning. I usually end up going to the gym Christmas afternoon.

20. teep

teep New Member

so very jealous....of everything... emily is a hottie :h5:

i'm spending the holidays by myself because everyone is going away and I have to work because two people quit. :wtc:

21. JohnJohnJohnson

I forget, do you live in suburbia?

22. JohnJohnJohnson

Wow... tough luck. I saved up almost all my vacation time to use for Christmas through New Years.

23. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

No, but my parents do, and that's where I'm going.

24. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

JJJ- your pics are awesome! Have you met any of Emily's family in Italy before?

25. JohnJohnJohnson

Yes. Her father is the sweetest, most intelligently loving man I've ever met. (If you beat your kids cuz you love them, that would be unintelligent loving... so take that, but invert it.)

Probably he is a contributing cause to the fact that Emily shines under male attention. :bigthumb: He has done all good things for her.

Her brother, again, extremely nice. Aiming to be a rock star, so, nice in a genuine way, not in a trying-to-gain-favor way.

Her aunt - terrifying woman. This is the real question mark of my trip. Will I survive the aunt?