TAT Holes closing question

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by AlbinoMuntjac, Jan 28, 2004.

1. AlbinoMuntjac

AlbinoMuntjac New Member

Ok, got a question about my piercings. I've got both my earlobes and the the cartilage of one ear done with what I believe to be 14 ga. rings. Actually, the top cart. was done with a needle and the bottom two were done with a gun and then switched to the gauged rings after they healed. I've had them done for about 2 years and never really took them out (maybe once for about an hour). I took them out about a month ago for job interviews and haven't put them back in since. I do generally have a problem putting them back in because of my big dumb hands, but they seem to be giving me more a problem to get in now. They don't "feel" like they closed up, but I'm not sure. I would imagine that they wouldn't, or at least just a little making it more difficult to go in. I realize it's hard to tell how I would heal over the internet, but anyone got any insight??

2. S.N.A.F.U.

S.N.A.F.U. Guest

Most lobe piercing don't close up...even years later. They shrink and get clogged with dead skin. They can be tappered open but you might have to switch to a lower guage. As for cartilage, I have no idea. Nickos might know on that one.

3. Nickos

Nickos Active Member

cartilage kinda shrinks up but dosent usually close, but really its different for everyone, best thing to do it just leave them jewelry in there... inand out in and out will cause irritation... i was playing with my left lobe the other day , popping the plug in and out showing people and even though its been pierced for over 15 years and is currently at about 7/16", it got really pissy at me and decided to be sore and make extra gunk

4. AlbinoMuntjac

AlbinoMuntjac New Member

I'm planning on putting them back in as soon as I get a job and it's ok with the employer for me to have earrings. I know it'll cause irritation, that's why I said the hell with it and left them out. I was just worried about having th eholes close. Thanks for the help.