GUN HK usp crew

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 99_civic_ex, Jul 21, 2005.

1. 99_civic_ex

99_civic_ex Active Member

Show me your pictures of the top part of your barrel locking blocks. I want to see how much wear you get from shooting.

2. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

I hardly have any on my glock

My Wilson is starting to loosen up like a $6 whore though :mamoru:

3. Heinzanova

Heinzanova OT Supporter

dunno wtf you wanted exactly
    but my .40 compact Var1 has about 3,000+ rounds thru it, and it looks basically brand new on the inside.

(56k die)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^^^lint or something the camera picked up, the latch is perfect still

4. 99_civic_ex

the part i want to see is the top of the blocky part of the barrel. I just picked up a used fullsize 45 today and it had decent amount of wear on that part of the gun. otherwise it was really clean.

5. Heinzanova

Heinzanova OT Supporter

see third picture... there is like no wear on mine... and it has seen a ton of action.

6. 99_civic_ex

oh well. it's mine now. i'll try shooting it and if there's no problem with it, i'm not going to do anything to it. it seems like a lot of wear for what the seller was claiming to have put through it (~200), the rest of the gun was in really great shape.

7. 99_civic_ex

and by a lot of wear, i mean all the black was rubbed off and looked stainless

8. Heinzanova

Heinzanova OT Supporter

Wow... take a picture and let us give you our 2 cents.

It sounds like he figured polymere and never oiled that part...

that area (when you take it apart you will see) is one of the few areas on that gun that needs oils, not alot but just a tiny bit.

9. 99_civic_ex

i will take a picture of it when it is in my possession. i have 10 days to wait before that happens. CA law :ugh:

10. 99_civic_ex

those were the photos the seller had on gunbroker.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2005
  11. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

sorry for the shitty pic's, i dont know where the USB cable is for my digicam, so i had to take it with my crappy 7 year old webcam...

The date code on my USP is KF, which means it was made in 1995. The guy i bought it from was a police officer and a member of their SWAT team. He worked part time at a gun shop/range while he was an officer, and bought the gun new there in '95 or '96. There is no telling how many rounds he put through it while working there, but i'd say it was a lot. I bought it from him this past november, and have only put ~1000 rounds through it.

Now, on to the shitty pics:

you dont have to click on them, because the actual size is not bigger than the thumbnail...hopefully they will work

[​IMG]

sorry for the ricer shot, but you can see some of the wear on the barrel

[​IMG]

good bit of barrel wear

[​IMG]

there is a good bit of wear on the top of the block

[​IMG]

this is the inside of the slide, you can make out a rectangle that has some wear on it from rubbing

[​IMG]

here it is put together, you can really tell the difference in the finish on the gun and the remaining finish on the block

[​IMG]

and some more wear

I'd say all in all, the gun has seen at least 10,000 rounds through it. It's 10 years old, and the barrel is the only part that really shows any considerable amount of wear(with the exception of the small amount on the inside of the slide that is in the picture). All the other parts are original, and they still work flawlessly. The finish on the rest of the gun still looks fantastic, and the gun couldnt shoot any better. I just try to keep it as clean as possible, and keep it oiled.

If your barrel looks like mine, then i would call BS on the guy only having 200 rounds through it. Even if he is lying about it, you are still getting a damn good gun. Have fun with it.

12. 01_Cruiser

i just noticed in the pictures that his looks like it has a KF date code too

200 rounds in a gun that is 10 years old is damn near impossible, unless the gun is a safe queen....which a regular old USP wouldnt be

13. 01_Cruiser

14. Heinzanova

Heinzanova OT Supporter

yeah my gun has only about 3,000-3,500 rounds thru it. So naturally the block wouldn't be showing as much wear, and that side probably would be better, if I realised in my first 1,000 that the open side also got wear and needed a little extra oil, I never really oiled that side to heavily because it was exposed, now I do, and then wipe excess after a half hour off.

You probably can contact H&K and have them replate it, or even order a new barrel if that is a concern for you.

My gun also is carried everyday, all the time, typically in a inner pant holster, or when I am in a hurry after a car ride (where it sits inbetween the concole and my seat) it just gets shoved in mexican style. So the weapon has always seen body sweat and heat.

A little rubbing in a finish I wouldn't be worried about. Although soon as you get it, I would recommend giving it a good cleaning job, and some TLC with a nice synthetic safe oil (some oils will junk up the polymeres and make the slide not run as smoothly).

Refer to the owners manual, it has explicit directions for where to apply oil and in what amounts.

15. 99_civic_ex

01_cruiser do you have any high resolution pictures? the barrel locking block on the usp that i just got looks a lot like yours, except that on mine, the entire top portion looks stainless with no finishing left whatsoever. the barrel itself aside from that part looks like it just has minor wear. i didn't get a chance to field strip the gun, but i'm guessing that there is probably going to be a good bit of wear on the inside of the slide. i don't think i'd mind the wear as much, if he were more honest with me.

16. 01_Cruiser

i can probably get some better pictures this weekend, i need to either find the USB cable for my camera, or go buy a new one

17. 01_Cruiser

ok, i found the cable for my digicam

top:
    [​IMG]

left & right sides:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

front end and side of barrel:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Inside of the slide:
    [​IMG]

close up(with a little extra oil):
    [​IMG]
    I dont know what the circles are from, or how they got there, but there are quite a few of them all the way down the inside of the slide

18. 01_Cruiser

if the pics dont work for any reason, PM me your e-mail address and i'll send em to you that way

19. 99_civic_ex

nah it's cool. i can see all of them. thanks for taking them for me. i still have 8 more days to wait before i can pick up the gun. i'll take pictures of the locking block and the inside of the slide when i pick it up and post them in here. i contacted the seller again and he insists that only 200-250 were put through the gun.

20. mzmtg

mzmtg New Member

Have you seen the gun person? Does it have an aftermarket stainless barrel?

21. 99_civic_ex

yes i did see it in person. and no, it is not a stainless barrel.

22. Pure Energy

Pure Energy Guest

I have a KF date code also. The top of my block is bright and shiney too. Mine exhibits all the same wear as those pics, if not worse. Get it, shoot it, and enjoy it. It will give you years of happy service. The circles inside are machine marks and there is nothing wrong there.

23. 99_civic_ex

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i picked her up today and put just 50 rnds through it. gave it a nice cleaning (it was filthy as hell) and oiling (previous owner overdid it with the lube). as you can see, the barrel locking block is well worn but the gun shoots very well.