HK avr 135 - 3 speaker issue

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 2000GT, Jun 9, 2005.

1. 2000GT

2000GT Active Member

I have a AV set up consisting of a Harmon Kardon 135 reciever, mordaunt short 908 towers, and a mordaunt short matching centre channel. I cannot afford to get the rear speakers yet. I have the HK DVD 22 as well.

When I watch movies I set up the reciever to use the 2 towers and the centre channel. I set them all as large speakers, as you have the choice between large and small.

However when I do this, the voices are still super soft and I hear the background noises in the movie over top of the actual dialogue. I run the audio in the movie as 5.1, despite it being a 3.1 setup - shouldnt the reciever adjust which speakers and in what volume the audio comes out?

Does anyone know of a solution?

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

not sure specifically with that setup, but I know with my Yamaha receiver that I can fine-tune the levels of the center and rears in relation to the main channels. Dialogue will come out of the center channel... So is that connected properly? Without the center speaker, you would hear none (or weak) dialogue, as you describe.

3. 2000GT

2000GT Active Member

Dialogue comes out but its super soft, and the other speakers definately out power it?

4. SilverJettaGLX

SilverJettaGLX OT Supporter

Yup, go into setup and adjust the gain for the center. Also make sure the center isnt wired out of phase

5. 2000GT

2000GT Active Member

What does wired out of phase mean?

6. Harry V. Gina

Harry V. Gina How did your family do in Katrina?

Make sure that the wire going from the red terminal on your receiver is going into the red terminal on your center speaker.

7. 2000GT

2000GT Active Member

All that is connected properly.