GUN Hk 416 (Interesting pics)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by reman, Jan 11, 2007.

1. reman

reman New Member

Notice anything different? :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2007
  2. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

funky looking upper on the top pic, fluted carbine length barrel....

oh fuck, HK style sights :eek5:

3. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

they shoot like champs. I would have taken it over my M4 in a heartbeat if we could have done a swap. Full gas piston design from the ground up, 1000x cleaner after 1000 rounds and they are also working on the HK417 in 7.62 (.308)

4. reman

reman New Member

winner!:)

5. reman

reman New Member

damn and fucked up rep

6. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Unfortunately, it doesn't mean that a civ variant is coming to me, it just means they are pandering to the patrol rifle market, of which most don't want/need a giggle switch.

7. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

these pics hosted on a dialup server? :ugh:

8. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

I don't think the pics are working, I've had the window open for 5 minutes and they still haven't loaded.

9. reman

reman New Member

works fine for me, but i'll fix it.

10. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

working now :bigok:

11. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

works for me :dunno:

12. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

The HK 416 is not that impressive. There are other, better piston systems out there. The thing is heavy as shit. The cyclic rate is too fast, the piston system makes recoil far less controlable than normal, and they're not as reliable as they would like to think, especially with suppressors. Then there's the fact that HK is a bunch of douche-nozzles. But don't tell them I said that. Their booth is only about 20 yards from ours.

13. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

meh who cares they'll want $2k+ for their rifle. No thanks rather spend the money on a POF upper and some extra goodies.

14. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

15. footratfunkface

My experience comes from SHOOTING it. If you have experience to contradict my experience, post it. I can back it up with words mirroring mine from a pair of guys from Naval Specwar Group at Crane. It is generally not liked, the 416.

16. footratfunkface

About what was I commenting? About the function and form of the rifle, that's what. Do you have to be a high-speed operator in the wilds of the world, testing a weapon system at its limits to figure out the thing of which I spoke? No. You simply have to HOLD it to know that it is heavy, even in a 10" barrel format with nothing attached to the rifle. That takes no experience or hardcore field-testing. Do you have to use the system for a year to know that it does not work well with silencers of any type? No. You simply have to shoot the system, preferably IN a controlled environment to eliminate environmental factors from the equation. It still cycles too quickly to be a good silencer candidate. Do you have to shoot 10,000 rounds from it to know that it has accentuated recoil in comparison to the gas impingement and other piston systems? No. You simply have to have shot the other systems a little bit to know how they feel as well.

Now, since you're fond of experience levels...what is your experience with the 416 platform, and why do you think it's good? Or do you just like to bitch about things with no actual point or relevance to the subject? If you think it's a good platform, and have an actual contradiction to something I said, post it up. Otherwise, you have no reason to address the thread, other than trying to start shit. I gave actual facts and reasons. You've attacked my posts, but not my facts or reasons. You've added nothing to the discussion.

What I initially said is that the 416 is not that impressive. I stated why. Let's go from there again. Discuss why you think it IS impressive. Or did you just want to be negative? The very same thing of which you accused me.

For the record, I love the idea of a pistol system, if done correctly. I like some systems, but still think they need improvement. I like gas impingement. It's dirty. I really like the SCAR system's ergonomics and user-friendliness. They are extremely easy to break down and clean. I have real-world experience here. I've broken down and cleaned them. How's that?