HIV test

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by TopDawg, Jul 25, 2005.

1. TopDawg

TopDawg New Member

Does anyone have the experience of getting tested for HIV? Is there test I can take that does not require a window period of 3 months? If so, how can I get tested? Much appreciated.

2. incubimmer

incubimmer New Member

HIV wont even be detected till long after its transmitted into you, so if your worried about it from a recent escapade, dont even bother for like 6 months.

3. TopDawg

TopDawg New Member

This will be the longest six months of my life :wtc:

4. teo

teo . => ? => !

5. lebomb

lebomb New Member

WRONGO.......there is a test that can give you results in like 2 days. Its expensive ($300 or so) , but it can detect HIV antibodies immediately.

Good luck, and keep it wrapped up.

6. BATMANs

BATMANs New Member

They have a new test that will be released soon.

It involves some sorta litmus paper where u dip it in ur saliva.

99% accurate.

I can see people asking the person they going to hump to lick that piece of paper.

7. BATMANs

BATMANs New Member

double post

8. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

OH, I though it was always six months, no matter how much you pay... :dunno:

WRAP IT!!

9. NJGuy

NJGuy "Fuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmef uckmefuckmefuckmefuckm OT Supporter

I got the sawb in mouth test.. lady said it was three months for that one.

Im not a high risk for HIV but its still scary as shit when you go back for the results.

10. incubimmer

incubimmer New Member

not wrongo, and that fucking thing will make ppl think they are clean when they really arent cuz professional test require a gestation period, dumbshit. i dont give a shit how much u pay 4 it, its not a damn pregnancy test, the disease doesnt yeild to how you want it to work, it is what it is and stop giving out false information, its not physically possible to detect shit like that 2 days after the fact.

11. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

Did you actually look up information on this test or are you a doctor? I didn't look up the info, but you are very passionate about this without seeming knowledgeable.

12. lebomb

lebomb New Member

Well, my bad then. I guess the information I got from a doctor was wrong:hsugh:

13. lebomb

lebomb New Member

Seriously, there is a test that can get you almost 100% results in like 2-3days. It runs $300. It detects HIV antibodies at like 1 per every 1,000,000 parts blood. Thats what a physician told me.......so dont hate on me.

14. ffunderfire

ffunderfire New Member

Human Immunodeficiency Virus 1 (HIV-1) with Western Blot Confirmation Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), the etiologic agent of the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) is a cytopathic retrovirus. This test uses a viral lysate as the antigen source and detects antibodies by specific immune binding and subsequent color development (enzyme immunoassay (EIA) technology). Sensitivity and specificity of this assay are 100% and 99.7% respectively. Sera which are repeatedly reactive in two out of three tests are subject to confirmatory testing by the Western blot method. Some individuals may be initially reactive by the preliminary test and negative or indeterminate by Western blot. This may be caused by other viral antibodies or autoantibodies which cross reacts with the viral antigens although this is extremely rare. http://www.labcorp.com Human Immunodeficiency Virus 2 (HIV-2) with Western Blot Confirmation In 1986, a second type of HIV, called HIV-2, was isolated from AIDS patients in West Africa. Studies of the natural history of HIV-2 are limited, but comparisons with HIV-1 show some similarities while suggesting differences. Both HIV-1 and HIV-2 have the same modes of transmission and are associated with similar opportunistic infections and AIDS. Patients infected with HIV-2 may have a negative or indeterminate result by standard HIV-1 serology. The development of antibodies is similar in HIV-1 and HIV-2. Antibodies generally become detectable within 3 months of infection. Testing for combined HIV-1 and HIV-2 is available.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2005
  15. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

I had a blood and urine sample taken at the doctors office, and I asked them to do a STD/HIV test since they were drawing blood. In less than a week I got a call from them saying all my bloodwork was fine, and the HIV test was negative. So you don't have to wait a long time to get tested, and it only cost me my $20 copay for the doctor visit and blood/urine tests. Gotta love my job. :wiggle:

16. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

What they are saying is it takes up to 6 months to detect it. The test results come back fairly quickly though.

17. ffunderfire

ffunderfire New Member

Right on

18. JeanMi

JeanMi Artist* :)

bah, my bio teacher would say "no no that's not possible, it takes 2-3 weeks from the injection of the external entity to select and multiply the matching lymphocyte that can produce antibodies..."
    there wouldn't be any antibodies only 2-3 days after infection, only the virus, which no test can detect.

EDIT : bio science progress very fast, so if your test does exist, i would be glad if you could give us a link to the seller.