SRS HIV ARS symptoms and declining mental health

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by scottymcc, Sep 4, 2009.

1. scottymcc

scottymcc New Member

I am pretty much treatment refractory and the last two years has been considered as being experimental.

I've had some good scripts which worked but brought about horrible akatheisia and when taken a combination of drugs it didn't just stop the akatathesia it stopped the drug dead.

I had some relative success with Gabapentin but after taking penacilin I got neuropathy in one fingure, the Pregablin made it far worse.

Now I'm on Verapamil and Depakote and it seemed to work but after a rash and the belief I wa having an allergic reaction I went all out to kill myself, little did I know that I would in the end.

Turned out it was a viral infection, after two weeks however my mood became unstable, I had symptoms of a fever and ones that are particular to ARS including rash on feet and neuropathy/parathesis on hands and feet.

I have found that i have had to both up my drugs and add new ones at a time where iit should be that I dont', typically it doesn't happen this fast.

I have no sex life so exposure is non existant but am coming down with illnesses I never did before. Lots of coughing, lots of allergies to drugs (ones I need and have no alts to).

I have better access to meds here than in the UK due to price but due to this half ass contry jailing people for suicide attempts and giving no help lines what am I meant to do?

I have a good sized script of certain researched drugs and am one step away.

Loved the site and if I don't reply consider this my last post.

2. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

I'm really sorry you're struggling and frustrated beyond all measure. I too am sick and struggling a lot, so I know what you're going through to some degree. It's so aggravating when I can't take the meds that will help me the most due to allergies.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I'll have to be honest with you, the human brain is a very delicately balanced electrochemical based organ, which balance should preferably under no circumstances should be altered with. Nowadays there's a false belief that there is a pill for every problem which is simply not true, just like alcohol,drugs, all these pills do is just supressing the problem, they do not solve it. In reality an exterior problem remains to be a problem to the end of time until you reach out to solve it with your hands into real life.

What i am seeing you doing is trying to fill one hole, by digging another when you are changing to a new medication that yet again is giving you only more new problems.

So you know you've listen your entire drug list, but you haven't posted what has brought you into this mess into the first place,in order to solve the problem you need to goto the root of the problem and solve it. Meaning that we need to know what kind of problems where you facing in real life that made you act like this?

What happend in your youth that created this situation?

4. scottymcc

scottymcc New Member

Why? I was depressed at high school to the point it affected me physically as in the way I walked and so on. I started at about 15 drinking and smoking, started to go to clubs and found some kind of acceptance I never found at school.

I lived for the weekend. It was great, I would get drunk as hell and go to clubs after (for whatever reason I looked 18 then and at 34 I look about 24 now). I went to college and ended up hitting harder stuff.

Till now the only problems I had was racing thoughts which I figured nothing about. When I hit the amphetamine it all changed in a few months.

It gave me some problems which made my eye tick, looking like a wink, I went to clubs and a rave and ended up with several people chasing me, through a field, I tried hiding which probably didn't help as I was lieing flat in a brown field. Had a dog sent after me which didn't attack.

After this point it became permanent.

My father is a drunk and never gave support.

I believe that I was born with this, my uncle was bipolar, my father and brother tried to kill themselves so I don't believe it is ALL some kind of exterior problem. I believe it's in most part due to what we are born with. Drugs exacerbate it evidently but it is not the fault of the person to be born this way and some, many experience far worse than most ever do.

I have my cocktail out and am not sure how long I will correspond, usual drugs used screw up too often, I don't want that, nor do I need to take that (I won't be giving to anyone BTW)