hit by drunk driver looking for new car suggestions please

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Two toys, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Two toys

Two toys New Member

my truck got smashed last night by a drunk driver while parked on my street, it was hit so hard it got pushed back 6 feet up a curb and onto the sidewalk.

the guy continued on and my neighbors and dad took out after him in seperate cars finding him pushing his busted car up a street near his house at the bottom of my hill. he was drunk according to one of my neighbors, and he went inside when my neighbor asked him what happened to his car. the cops showed up not so long after and he had escaped out the back door and wasnt found.

he wont go to jail but we know where he lives who he is and the police impounded his car.

some street justice might occur within the next month being that we know where he lives.

im looking into getting a Scion TC but im not quite sure, any other ideas, something under 20k preferably. manual transmission, good gas mileage.

what do you suggest

2. illeagle94

illeagle94 New Member

It's good that you were not injured.

How soon do you need to buy a new car?

You could always look into the new Si, but from what I hear it won't be released until December.

The TC is a very nice car, IMO. I like them, but I have never driven one, I'd reccomend just going out and test driving a few cars and see what you like yourself. :)

3. galek_spoo

galek_spoo New Member

i have seen quite a lot of tc's and xa's showing up here at my squadron and have heard nothing but good remarks about how good the cars are. everyone that bought one either had a honda/acura or domestic truck and they're all impressed with toyota. but really like illeagle94 said take one for a test drive and see what you think.

4. Two toys

Two toys New Member

thanks to both of you, im looking to get a replacement vehicle as soon as the insurance declares it totalled, (within the next week).

so awesome i just havent heard any remarks at all about the TC's i dont really know anyone with one.

5. RedDawg

RedDawg Well-Known Member

the guy was DWI, hit & run, evading officers and he's not going to jail?

6. Two toys

Two toys New Member

we were all in bed when it happened and since nobody saw him actually driving the vehicle only pushing it, we can't place him as the driver.

unless he admits to it which he probably wont. but like i said we know who he is and where he lives, so things will be evened out eventually.

7. nofriends

nofriends OT Supporter

Used WRX. :)

Just look at the fun I have.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Tonydogx

Tonydogx OG status.

Civic Si w/ Nav and 18inch HPT

9. pojoWRX

pojoWRX comics, indie hip-hop, home theater, Subie and dad

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
    I was looking for a new car in the 20k range, and ended up w/ a used WRX. Best decision ever. So much fun.

10. Street300zx

Street300zx New Member

Go with a z you'll never lose

11. Two toys

Two toys New Member

i drove my aunts, its too "sporty" for me (im assuming you mean an older 300z) not enough space too small of a backseat.

and to the rest of you a lil update..

insurance adjuster hasnt seen my truck yet but im pretty damn sure it is gonna be called totalled because the cab is about an inch offset from the bed. hinting at frame damage.

so im going tomorrow to test drive a TC and probably a used WRX, although my dad is saying he isn't gonna pay the insurance on the WRX because "it will be too high" and since im a full time student (10 hour school days and filming on the weekends) without a job i cant afford my own anymore.

anyone have any experience, or a clue if with a WRX my insurance will go up any more than with a TC?? my mom is busting my balls to get a hybrid but fuck that shit lol i told her to sell her car and get one if she wanted it so bad.. also whats the gas mileage like on your WRX's

12. pojoWRX

pojoWRX comics, indie hip-hop, home theater, Subie and dad

I average about 24 mpg on my WRX. My insurance is $200 a month though with 1 point. That's w/ a $500 deductable. I think insurance was a little lower on the TC, can't remember how much though, call for a quote. The TC is a nice car too though, and might be better off for you. (Cheaper/less sporty) You should drive a beater or something until the new Si comes out though.

13. nofriends

nofriends OT Supporter

I pay $180 a month for insurance on my WRX at 21 with a perfect record.

I average about 24-25 mpg as well. On long trips ive had it up to over 30mpg, and as little as 17-18 in all city driving.

14. Toke513

Toke513 New Member

<------Owner of a 04 WRX. I love it. You can deff find them used for under 20k. Alot of fun but when it comes to the highway I can get ~30mpg if I need to. There is also a huge aftermarket for it if you want a little more.

15. alverino03

alverino03 Active Member

I have a tC. Can answer any questions you have.