Hit a weight loss plateau v.gameovervol3

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Blade, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blade

Blade Time to swolercize

So I have hit the plateau. I've lost about 30lbs of fat since December. It had been suggested to me after reviews of my diet, that my body has made it think I am starving it. I did some reading on that and yep, looks like it has. :hs: I can't remember if it was here or elsewhere, but someone posted Game Over Vol. 3. I just got done reading it and I learned a lot. And it looks like all the supplements I ordered prior to reading this are similar to what they suggest.

Hopefully if I can get my shit straight tonight, I will start the Cut Diet 3000 plan in the morning. Has anybody else used this plan for weight loss with >15% BF? I will also be altering my normal workouts to the plan outlined in the book.

2. Layne Staley

Layne Staley New Member

Just curious, how much do you weight now? Saying that you've lost 30lbs of "fat" since December is pretty bold to assume. More than likely you lost a shitload of water, especially since you've eluded that you are still over 15% bf.

3. Layne Staley

Layne Staley New Member

I read that you are still around 250 and 5'9", which means that you did indeed mostly lose water weight that accounted for your dramatic initial weight loss. Just stick to the basics and don't go changing your diet too dramatically just yet or you will just burn yourself out and get frustrated and quit like everyone else always does.

Be happy with ANY weight loss, it doesn't have to be 10lbs/month to be significant. Start using a measuring tape instead of just relying on the scale.

4. therealdeal

therealdeal New Member

Or he dropped to a weight level where his caloric intake went from cut to maintenance.

If your body is starving you should still lose weight, that you stop losing weight is a myth as I understand it. Otherwise anorexics wouldn't keep losing weight.

5. Blade

Blade Time to swolercize

might have been all water then. :wtc: Im thinking about adding to my calories to right around 2000 a day and bumping up my workouts.

6. Alchemist

Alchemist Your Neighborhood Supplier

Were you calorie cycling during the inital phase when you lost 30 lbs?

7. Blade

Blade Time to swolercize

nope

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.