MIL Hippies disguised as service members...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ManinCamo, Feb 2, 2006.

1. ManinCamo

ManinCamo I wear big boy pants.

Anyone know/work with someone who's in the service, but it a hippie at heart?

This LT in my flight here is a typical hippie. She's a vegitarian, overly sensitive little... :squint:. We'll call her Lt Hippie.

Sat through a breifing from a Marine Lt. Col. He's talking about how you have to have a warrior mindset and how the AF is too politically correct and sensitive. I agree'd 100% as did probably 95% of the other hundreds of LTs. Sitting next to me, Lt Hippie is just sitting there with her arms crossed and with a pissed off look on her face. later in the day she's complaining about how the Lt Col was wrong and blah blah blah and peace and love. :ugh:
    Yesterday I made some comment to my flight commander about dirty hippies at the univ. I went to. My CC in turn told me stories about the dirty hippies she's run into in CA when she was a recruiter as a new LT. Lt Hippie was bitching to some other Lt's in the flight about it later. :hsugh:

Same day, we're watching a video on OIF and its talking about the buildup of our forces and why we went in and stuff. Some of us (half the class) had a small sidebar convo about killing bad guys. She looks away from the moniter with horns coming out of her head "I'm trying to watch the video, can you guys keep it down" but it wasn't the nice way of asking - it was loaded with attitude that screamed "i'm PMSing and I'm going to kill you if you talk about hurting those poor terrorists again"

I understand some people not being as politically conservative as I am, and not having a super hardcore warrior mentality (I think the AF is full of a bunch of pussyhurt softies, and I'm AF - I just want to blow stuff up from a cockpit) But you're in the fucking military. Grow some balls. We're in the business of killing badguys. You either do the killing, or support the guys doing the killing. :mad:

/rant

2. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

Did any of you guys remind her of this? Wat does she expect cookies and fucking punch? I hope I dont end up havin to work with a lot of O's like that i'd lose my fucking commission for conduct unbecoming for beating the shit out of a fellow officer (yes that would be the exact charge :hsugh: lmao)

3. ManinCamo

I think she would love cookies and punch, and a nice warm hug :eek5:

I wish more of the AF would stop being so pussyhurt all the time.

Non-AF people - There are some of us with warrior mentalities. Please don't think we're all a bunch of pussyhurt MFers :mad:

4. SweetDaddyO

SweetDaddyO we need a montage!!

we had a conscientious objector "realize" her aversion to war while i was in flight school. we were planning a low level and the target (target meaning last point on the route, not "bomb the shit out of ___") was a church. no biggie - we used churches and other unique buildings all the time because they're fairly easy to recognize at 500 feet when you're screaming by at 500mph. other buildings don't work as well.

long story short she realizes that she can't drop bombs on people in good conscience (never bothers me :dunno: ), and gets the AF to let her go, after taking a free Cornell education with her. somehow she incurred no financial obligation through this whole thing, so they're not going to make her pay back any of the tens of thousands they spent on her degree.

5. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

Goddamn I need some of that fucking free education shit, and get this folks I actually WANT to stay go and stay in, shocking aint it ?(my english profs would be so proud:x: )

6. ManinCamo

How the hell does she get onto pilot training? I've got good scores, I want to drop bombs and kill bad guys, and I didn't get it :squint: --yet

7. SweetDaddyO

nav school

but she was a super-smart, PFT-smashing minority female, so you do the math :hs:

8. ManinCamo

I could go nav easily. I'd feel bad for anyone flying with me - I'm real bad at navigating :hs:

9. ManinCamo

She's married. Her husband is in the same Squadron, different flight. He seems ok. I have a feeling that she'll get prego around the 3 year mark and volunteer to get out, and she'll be let out because we're cutting so many people.

10. SweetDaddyO

:rofl:

they teach it to you - honestly, i'm not too good at driving directions and all that, but aviation is totally different, it's all about ratios and basic math. if i can do it, anyone can.

if you get the fighter/bomber track it's a great deal. if you don't.....well, i guess it's better than being unemployed.

11. SweetDaddyO

at some point, once she's a senior LT or a Capt, and has a real job with a real boss (hopefully in a combat-focused unit), she'll get that shit knocked out of her real quick.

most 2Lts just sort of cruise below the radar for the first year or two, so you have some idiots like that.

12. SweetDaddyO

oh, and i can't believe this hasn't been said yet...

pics of hippie LT? :x:

13. Curious-mind

Curious-mind Guest

OP you are silly

14. SoCaLlove

SoCaLlove New Member

You guys remember that sailor over here that refused to board his ship because he did not want to help send marines to their possible death? He wore a shirt that said, "Like a cabinet member, I resign"

15. fintheman

fintheman I will ebay O/T!

Okay, I'm going to repost what I posted on mil.com when an a possible recruit was worried about joining due to different political stances that most of the military has.

One thing that will probably upset this thread even more.

No matter what the function of your job, or what the overall picture is...you still know what is in your heart.

I, too, was considered a "liberal" when I was in the USAF.

Did it disturb me when people would say "We are here to blow **** up and kill people" yes, it did, but not enough to effect me OR how I felt about my service to my country.

I was proud to serve in a non-combative role BUT I also understood when I signed the contract, the contract means that I COULD end up in the position to end up killing someone.

I still feel very proud that I was able to serve, and even though I was taunted at times for my liberal views of the world I was still respected. I signed the same contract that the gung-ho marine that wants to kill people and we both share some of the same ideals in our service even if we had totally seperate jobs.

There is alot of "go greenpeace, etc., on this thread, etc.," If you want to join, and you feel you are doing a service to your country and feel like you are doing something different than what people state, then so be it.

Did I feel like I was there to "support a war and killing machine" Not at all

I was there to serve my country. My ideals on liberalism and how I feel things did not change when I joined.

Whats ever better is when I throw some ultra-conservatives a curve-ball when I tell them I served during a little debate [​IMG]

Just remember.

As with most of the responses in this thread, they are merely their views, not facts.

You can still have a "wishy washy, save the world approach (or w/e they call it)" and be in the military.

16. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

qft

17. SoCaLlove

SoCaLlove New Member

Ooh thats good. especially if they've never served either. What was their response? :noes:

18. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

I think it depends on your mindset and the job you are doing.

19. fintheman

"I think it depends on your mindset and the job you are doing."

True...If someone is a liberal hippy and joins infantry and complains, he is a douchebag

20. fintheman

LOL

So you'd attack my service?

We all sign the same contact

21. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

I'm glad you said it. I was trying not to.

22. SoCaLlove

SoCaLlove New Member

Then the airmen would say, "A lot less then Ted Kennedy's driving" :naughty:

23. fintheman

No, its cool, I try to seperate myself from the "hippy" image.

I'm more or less a grassroots type, come from an old school democrat family with values. father and grandfather worked for GM their entire lives (my pops is on 34 years now) Unions were there to help take care of the family when he was laid off.

I have my personal reasons for leaning a little left somedays.