Hip hop sucks these days.

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by 2die4, Jan 19, 2005.

1. 2die4

2die4 New Member

I cant stand modern hip hop. There are too many nobodys who have no talent, who are millionaires.

I dont care how well eminem freestyles, or how 50 took 9 shots (he never mentions they were at different sittings), they are pretty fake. Hyping up their beef with pussies like Ja rule and britney spears:ugh: how lame can you get. Look at Nelly the pussy all his tracks sound the same and wait for it.......they suck ass.

The realest nigga died in 1996 and when Biggie also went, so did real hip hop. Even The groups that existed then dont drop records like they did then, nowadays (maybe Dr Dre but Nas and Wu Tang have gone downhill). They can get away with half arsed tracks about NOTHING. You can grab any Tupac CD and it would own 50,em,twista,ja,lil jon any day of the week.

"Westside, deathrow thug niggaz on the rise, bustas shot me 5 times real niggaz dont die"

--Tupac

Is anyone with me?

2. phatpat

phatpat I got.....

How wrong you are.
    Why dont you go out and LOOK for some quality hip hop, there's plenty out there.

3. Broken Sword

Broken Sword New Member

Tupac was a back-up dancer for Digital Underground who got a movie role acting hard then decided to act hard for the rest of his life, especially when Suge Knight was standing behind him.

"realest nigga" - LOL - learn your facts first. And no-one REPEAT NO-ONE from Sydney Australia should be using the 'N' word, I don't care how many episodes of The Chappelle Show you've got taped.

But in a way, you're right. Can anyone name one hip-hop LP in the last five years as good as Kool G Rap & Polo's "Road to the Riches"?

4. Broken Sword

Broken Sword New Member

There isn't a great deal of quality hip-hop in Sydney, Australia (unless this guy orders over the Internet). There's basically one shop now - NEXT LEVEL.

5. MonkMonk

MonkMonk New Member

Underground hiphop is where its at

6. Chrissy

Chrissy dnb doll

sucks, but being in Atlanta exposes me to A LOT of new talent. we have open mic shows and such here every week.

7. rosencrantz

rosencrantz Guest

Hip Hop died when Eazy E died.

8. The Militant

The Militant THE FUTURE

1) tupac sucked
    2)biggie sucked
    3) there are plenty of good rappers out there you just got your head stuck to listening to everything you see on mtv :) there is other music out there people without music videos on mtv look for emm :)

I stick to wu tangs greatest hits cd's :) and after listening to tupac then listening to some other artist from modern day he sucks.

Only artist these days i hate would have to be Lil John and all the music that is associated with him.

as for people like nelly i dont like them soooo i dont listen to them that simple.

9. Killa B

Killa B Abuse This!

There's no argument that tupac wasn't the greatest rapper ever. Hip Hop today doesn't have any meaning, all rappers rap about stupid bullshit that no one cares about. Naz, Jay Z and eminem are the only exceptions and they all have been around for ever

10. 2die4

2die4 New Member

I used to play this game in high school, id ask anyone, "give me any 3 consecutive words in a tupac song and ill name it", having said that, all the info about tupac (the whole paragraph:rolleyes: ) is redundant to me. Took Pac is real, because regardless when he became hard, he really was, he still acted hard after he was shot to the day he died.

Learn yo fax first???? Im gald you can put a geographical location of the use of 'nigga'. I think I can use it because I was constantly called it growing up by racist people and to make it crystal clear, when I tan it goes from black to blacker.

Kool G Rap & Polo's "Road to the Riches, never heard it but Ill say they defintely suck compared to Pac.

11. rezin

rezin Put it in the air with the chronic/ My lyrics like

if you say hip hop sucks than you don't like it, because if you like hip hop then there is something you will like. keep in mind that it may not be on mtv though so go look for it

also i'm not quite sure if it was released in the last 5 years but my favorite cd ever is xzibit's 40 dayz & 40 nightz

12. rezin

rezin Put it in the air with the chronic/ My lyrics like

ugh i don't know anything about you but how can you say that something you've never heard sucks? pac had emotion and appealed to people that wanted to be him, i'm not saying he sucked but to put him on the level of other greats lyrically just doesn't make sense, keep in mind that's my opinion

13. 2die4

2die4 New Member

ill agree with ya on one thing, the main source of hip hop in Australia is MTV and the like. The charts here are dominated by the losers that win AUstralian Idol:wtc:......I was reading the newspaper about 6 months ago and they referenced to America's infatuation with hip hop as a "recent trend":rolleyes: .

I watch pay tv and most of the rappers are nobodies who rap about partying bullshit, are but ugly and rich. And since the competition sucks I dont think the established rappers put as much effort into their tracks because they know theyll own most of these punks with shit tracks.

And rap still suffers from everyone acting hard, carrying guns and shit but never following thru on the shit they rap about, they just go back to their mansions and shit.

"They say they shot me in my nuts, out of luck trick,
    quit bullshitting nigga, cuz im still fucking your bitch"
    --2PAC

14. 2die4

2die4 New Member

exactly. Im not comparing people on a per attribute basis. Im saying Tupac as whole owns anyone else because not only because his raps are cool but because his foundations are solid.

Im saying that Kool might be good but chances are compared to Tupac ==teh suck, havent you seen the episode of simpsons where Homer chats to Daryl Strawberry about which one of them plays the postion better.

15. 2die4

2die4 New Member

I hope you aint talking about Cat empire and 1200 Techniques.

16. Broken Sword

Broken Sword New Member

hahahaha omfg you don't have a clue

17. phatpat

phatpat I got.....

ahahhaaha get fucked.

18. phatpat

phatpat I got.....

There's still things called RADIO, LIVE MUSIC and INTERNET SHOPPING.
    I dont really have time to listen to much hip hop these days so Im not too up on whats coming out, but I know theres still quality coming out. I listen to triple j's hip hop show every now and then and I enjoy the tracks they play... Australian, American, English, Korean, whatver.

Next week though I will be seeing Deceptikonz, Beastie Boys, RJD2, Kid Koala, Hilltop Hoods, Scribe & P Money.

19. Stereo lol

Stereo lol I don't know if I should say it

saw de la soul and hill top on new years, they both went off

20. 2die4

2die4 New Member

whatever gramps, Pac rocks!

21. 2die4

2die4 New Member

Scribe are real good, I havent been impressed for ages till I saw them come up, their last 3 are better than Em and 50 rapping about bullshit.

22. The Militant

The Militant THE FUTURE

people in austilia may have diffrent interest than us in the united states :/

btw the things 50 raps about.. they aint fake im not gonna say he done all he says but people do live those kind of live style not because they choose to thats how it is. So its not bullshit, they are singing for a certain crowd and it seems other people like it outside of that crowd/.

23. nicklovgren

nicklovgren The only thing that really worried me was the ethe

ja rule sucks
    50 cent is overrated
    jay z did a record w/ r kelly
    ya....rap in '94> rap now
    rap in '85 just sucks

24. twofaze

twofaze H.N.I.C.

:gtfo2:

25. Grilled

Grilled New Member

Get off Tupac's nuts and go listen to some other shit. You have no grounds to say that hip hop sucks until you actually listen to the music, not bullshit like 50 Cent, Eminem, and Jay Z. You're just another ignorant motherfucker who's acting like they know something because they listened to some Tupac.

And to whoever said that Biggie sucks, go fuck yourself.