SRS Highschool Sweethearts

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Fachh, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Fachh

Fachh New Member

Gonna break this down very simply

-My girlfriend and I are both eachothers firsts
    -we have been dating for about 4 years now going into our third year of college
    -we had a few rough patches where we had to do the long distance thing but were still together
    -there is really nothing wrong with our relationship, I have no complaints, she is gorgeous and her personality is A+...a little out of my league you could say...

BUT

we both know that since neither of us have ever been with anyone else we are both a little curious about what else is out there. Despite knowing this and discussing this we want to stay together because it is just too damn good right now...the curiosity is too minor for us to breakup...

are we hurting ourselevs?
    are we not doing whats right but what we want to do instead?

I know I won't settle down till I have explored all my options but when is it the right time to do that? I am only 21...should I be in a hurry to get out there on my own again?

thanks in advance OT

2. busydoingnothing

busydoingnothing A broken man too tough to cry

Curiosity killed the cat. Sex is sex. If you're happy in your situation and the only thing that is really getting to is the fact that you haven't had sex with other people, then you really don't have a problem.

It depends on what kind of person you are. Are you the kind of guy who prefers relationships, intimacy, romance, companionship, etc.? Or do you prefer meeting a lot of people, lots of socializing, having sex with multiple people, etc? If you're not in the latter, then I don't see why you should be worried.

Don't worry about what you think you "should" do. There's this conception that everyone should go out and fuck everyone and then eventually settle down with someone. But what happens if, in the middle of all that fucking, you passed up on something real?

As long as you don't let the curiosity get the best of you, you're fine. Don't ever, EVER let it turn into resentment; that will make for a quick death.

3. arseclown

arseclown Guest

if you're relationship is as strong as you say it is, having 3-some get togethers will be both stimulating and strengthening for you both. only relationships on the highest level can have the trust needed for those things.

go for some sexy parties imo.

4. Fachh

Fachh New Member

no resentment here

as for a three some...i don't think I'm an orgy guy :big grin:

5. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

Its rare but people still do marry their high school sweethearts, friend of mine started dating his wife soph year of high school they were together all thru high school and college and ended up getting married after he was done college. She was basically his first g/f but they're one of the happiest couples I've ever seen. I would wait till you both grad college and get settled in your career before figuring out if you want to settle down, a lot can change after college

6. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

If everything is as great as you say it is, why fool around with someone else? Sometimes it takes a dozen different girls to find the right one, other times it takes just one. It seems your relationship is strong and sex is just sex. The only difference I noticed from girl to girl is their style and what positions and places they love to do.

7. Fachh

Fachh New Member

yeah

Sometimes you just meet some hottie and the thought crosses ur mind that u wanna fuck other chicks but things are too good right now to fuck it up for sex....cus like u all said, sex is just sex

8. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

no not at all all is well and your happy curiousity will always be there in one form or another

9. teo

teo . => ? => !

There will always be some aspect of your relationship where the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence. It's up to you to determine whether that's anything worth worrying about. Experience with other people is good for the sake of perspective and for determining what you want in a relationship, but if you have a healthy relationship and are truly happy then rocking the boat will just introduce doubt.

10. busydoingnothing

busydoingnothing A broken man too tough to cry

Maybe if you guys do end up getting married, and are in a very strong relationship, you might get into the swinging scene? :dunno: Not sure if that'd be your thing or not, but I'd certainly get off on seeing someone rail my SO.

11. Fachh

Fachh New Member

thanks fellas :big grin: