High Intensity Training, anyone following it?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by quamen, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quamen

quamen New Member

I was wondering if anyone is following a High Intensity Program? I have had a hard time putting on mass, but switched to this program a couple months ago and have progressed alot since then. Anyone having good results following this type of program? I was wondering if you have to switch it up, and go back to conventional training if you dont continue to make gains?

2. Drewski

Drewski New Member

have you tried upping the calories in your diet? that tends to be a problem for a lot of people.

3. quamen

quamen New Member

yeah i have been keeping track of them on the gnc fitness program. They seem to always be around 3000 or a little higher at the end of the day. I realized that i used to think i ate alot,but when you actually record the calories, you didnt eat as much as you thought. I had to cut out taking the high calorie protein drinks, because it was costing me like 40 a week for cytogainer, so all these calories are mostly food calories except the 300-400 a day which comes from ON Whey shakes. It says on the site i burn like 1850 calories a day,but i dont know how accurate that is. Im still very thin, and need more mass as you can see in this picture. im 6'2" and only weigh in at about 177.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

some people say i have good chest development, i really dont think so that much. im pretty much to skinny all over. this is after 1 good year of working out, i gained 20 lbs since then, so i was so much skinner than i was. progression doesn't seem to be going very well.

4. AhuraMain

AhuraMain Guest

I've got a friend who's a competitive natural bodybuilder and he follows this program that some bodybuilder back in the 80s started. Mike something. Anyway,he only hits it about once a week, he says, and is only in the gym for like a half hour when does. I dont know what he's doing but he's huge, though. Im thinking about asking him to train me like he does and see what happens. ::shrug::

5. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

HIT not HIIT.

Along the lines of Arthur Jones and Mike Mentzer's principles of one set to failure. I did it on and off in the 90's and even when I first started training again. Some respond to it, many don't. I have friend that train still train this way.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hitprog.htm

6. Mike McDermott

Mike McDermott It's evolution, baby. OT Supporter

7. AhuraMain

AhuraMain Guest

didn't I see some poor schlub being ridiculed no end for defending HIT not too long ago? What was that all about?

8. Layne Staley

Layne Staley New Member

Yeah I think that was grantorino though and he's a fag.

9. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

ibgrantorinoclusterfuck

10. AhuraMain

AhuraMain Guest

how come everyone was getting on him? Was it becuse he said he did hit or something?

11. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

He's just insane

also he said Pur's routine was overtraining and worthless, but he looks like total ass and is a fatty who really isn't all that strong.

12. AhuraMain

AhuraMain Guest

So does H.I.T. work?

13. Fattiefalldown

Fattiefalldown t(-.-t)

What was your experience with it? See much for gains?

14. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

I found I've made better gains on higher volume. Switching to it once in awhile can be beneficial as well for recovery...depending I guess since it reduces volume dramatically.
    I found it interesting and ironic that Mentzer, (Ellington) Darden etc. attributed the success of volume trainers like Arnold and most other bodybuilders to genetics and steroids. When Mentzer himself was also on steroids and those who had the most success on HIT were probably among the most genetically gifted and considered 'pure mesomorphs' like Mentzer himsef, Casey Viator and later Yates, if he's to be included.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.