HiFonics Amps - Any Good?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 9100RPM, May 17, 2004.

1. 9100RPM

9100RPM OT Supporter

How are these amps in terms of quality? I am currently looking at the HiFonics Warrior Merlin and I was wondering if it was a good deal. It would be used to power a dual 4 ohm 12" Alpine Type R.

2. Brieldo

Brieldo Bigger than you are.

They used to be alot better. HiFonics is now owned by the same company that owns Crunch and the quality has gone down significantly. The Merlin is a newer amp so I'd be leery. Im sure it will work fine but there's better stuff out there. You gettin it from sounddomain on sale i assume?

3. 9100RPM

9100RPM OT Supporter

Yeah, if I get it, it would be from sounddomain. Is the sticker price really 600 though? What other amps should I look at around the $150 price range?

4. Brieldo

Brieldo Bigger than you are.

Im sure the retail price is 600 but in the audio field, paying retail is ridiculous. Around 150...hmm..what do yo uwanna do with this amp?

5. pharcyde183

pharcyde183 Nissan by nature

You can't get much for 150 although on ebay there are some good deals. Mostly refurbished stuff if you are looking for a 'quality' brand

6. On_One

On_One Guest

The Brutus and Zues series are quality amps. I would not touch the other lines though.