HID proximity key programming

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by leafs435, Nov 12, 2008.

1. leafs435

leafs435 New Member

My apartment building just installed a new HID proximity key 125 kHz system. They are only providing one key per apartment for the next month while system gets up and running. Their response to those who have more than one person in an apartment is to leave the key at the front desk whenever they enter until they can get a second key. Rumor is they did not buy enough for the building. Well my question is, does anyone know if there is a way to duplicate a HID key and have it work? Our schedules are varied and it is a total pain to have to wait a month for another key and or ring a doorbell to enter the building and then have a guard find your key at the front desk. I would buy a key and try and find someone who could program the same frequency onto it as the one I have...anyone ever done this.

2. Frequency

Frequency New Member

short answer is no

3. DarqueGT

DarqueGT New Member

We use those at work for badge level access to certain areas......don't think you can copy one right off. Otherwise, I'd have both of my badges coded the same instead of needing 2 entries in the database.