TAT Hibiclens? What type of soap for fresh piercings?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by bigman7903, May 31, 2008.

1. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

Ok, this is a lil odd and I know i should call my piercer but it's too late and he isn't in this weekend, so i'll ask here. He told me that Dial soap isn't real great for piercings because the main ingredient Triclosan is detrimental to healing, he said to use SoftSoap brand soap because it retains anti-bacterial properties w/o the use of Triclosan. However, all the anti-bacterial soaps i can find use Triclosan. :ugh2:

I went to my local drugstore and picked up Hibiclens: HIBICLENS is an antiseptic antimicrobial skin cleanser possessing bactericidal properties. HIBICLENS contains 4% w/v chlorhexidine gluconate, a chemically unique cationic bisbiguanide with inactive ingredients: Fragrance, isopropyl alcohol 4%, purified water, Red 40, and other ingredients, in a mild, sudsing base adjusted to pH 5.0-6.5 for optimal activity and stability as well as compatibility with the normal pH of the skin.

I figured this would be good to use because I read that Provon or Satin, both anti-microbal soaps are good for piercings, is this stuff ok, or should i just use the dial I have?

2. DaTaSPiKe

DaTaSPiKe Active Member

It depends on everyone. I've used Caress, and had no problems. This was with ears, frenum, and a Apadravya. Most will probably say stay away from Hibiclens, and just find a plain white soap with no perfumes and you'll be set.

3. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

I've been using ivory, dove, or basic bar soaps, I just know that bar soaps are a bit more prone to bacterial growth since its not sealed off

4. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

Dial antibac in the little pump bottle is what i've always used on fresh piercings.