HGH for shoulder injuries?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by brackac, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

I noticed that a lot of the baseball players named in the Mitchell report used HGH after shoulder surgery. Is HGH that beneficial in post-op recovery, and what are the effects in regards to rebuilding lost muscle mass? I have had two surgeries on my R shoulder, and am going to see the Doctor monday about a possible third. I have lost a large amount of muscle mass in the shoulder region, and have an obvious muscular imbalance. I have tried to regain muscle though the normal methods, but can not seem to regain the "core" muscle within the shoulder region to really see any beneficial effects. Due to the lack of strength in the shoulder I am not able to lift any significant weight that would benefit the larger muscle groups ie chest,back, and arms. This has also caused lost of mobility in the shoulder itself due to the body compensating for the lack of strength through other muscle groups. Ok, my question is if HGH is something I should discuss with my doctor?

2. maxxpower

maxxpower OG Lauren Crew - Observer OT Supporter

Without going into too much steroid/hormone talk. Its quite hard to get HGH or other hormones for the purposes of rebuilding injuries.
    In the US, Doctors are under more and more scrutiny on these prescriptions and will likely suggest old school methods of rehab.
    Unless you are significantly older (35+), there might not be much chance for it.

3. brackac

I am 34, and have been in rehab basically for the last 2 years. Having a lot of problems with the rebuilding of the muscle mass. Being in the military I am tested for steroids, and would never do anything illegal or that may be harmful. Just trying to get information on legal medical alternatives to what is not working at this time.

4. maxxpower

If you have been to the same doctor for over 2 years and working to fix this problem then yes, it may be a possibility. Its gonna be tough, but, doesnt hurt to throw it out there and see what the doctor says.

To answer your initial question, for sure HGH will assist with rehabilitating the muscle. Without a doubt, it would work.

5. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

yes doctors should prescribe hgh for many reasons, no you probably won't get any. thank the ignorance of the american public for that.

6. Mass

Mass Active Member

there are considerably better drugs for a lot less money

7. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

HGH adds a half pound of muscle per day

8. brackac

Seriously? That sounds a little excessive.

9. maxxpower

Hormone results are entirely dependant on your current conditioning, training and diet.
    There is no defacto statement on what you will get out of them since everyone is THAT much different.

10. RICK RO$$

RICK RO$$ Active Member

I heard that cheater barry bonds used hgh and thats why he hit so many homeruns you should take some you can play pro baseball too

11. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

what is wrong with your shoulder?

12. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

:mamoru:

13. CPop

CPop New Member

Sounds to me like your therapy/rehab sucks. Get a new PT, one that is more aggresive. HGH won't heal you up. Most shoulder thereapies need rehab. HGH would speed the process a little bit.

Invest in learning about the shoulder girdle, upper back, scapular retraction and how this all functions with the rotator cuff. I always recommend people pick up Kelso's Shrug book because it's cheap (like 12 bucks over at elite) and has a lot of good info.

14. brackac

Is that book pretty common in book stores?

15. brackac

A wonderful mix of a bankart lesion and a posterior labral tear. 1st surgery June 05 was to repair the damage. Doctor secured the tissue with 3 anchors and a couple semi-perm sutures. After surgery I had an abnormal amount of pain/inflammation. The Doc treated this pain with mulitple cortisone shots, 3 in the month of October (2 in one week). Jan 06 the Doc decided a second surgery was necessary. They found a new tear, and a large amount of dead tissue around two of the anchors. Due to this they removed all of the foreign items put in place during the first surgery.

The doctor gave me a total of 5 cortisone shots over the course of my treatment. I now know that the shots more than likely worsened my problem more than they helped. I am not new to orthopedic surgeries due to years of tearing my knees and ankles up playing basketball, and should have made a more educated decision. Mad at myself for not being more educated in regards to the treatment I was agreeing to.

16. Marijuanair

Marijuanair Remember to have your pet spayed or neutered! OT Supporter

HGH is great for any injury, even burns and skin damage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.