Hey WoW/scripting junkies...halp

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Neuman, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Neuman

Neuman New Member

Anyone know how to change the default directory World of Warcraft installs the latest patch from? As it currently stands when WoW detects a new patch it downloads it to C:/progfiles/WoW, then installs it from that directory.

What I am hoping to do, where I currently have 25+ computers in a Windows domain, is to setup a network share folder where the latest patch is located. When a workstation attempts to open WoW and the WoW launcher determines a new patch is available, the workstation looks to the network share folder for the file.

Is this possible? I'm just trying to figure out a way to avoid sitting at each workstation to install the latest patch.

Thanks in advance. :wavey:

2. Stemby

Stemby Whoooose House? COOOOOOOOOOOOGS HOUSE!

its has been a while since i played but i thought you could dl a standalone patch. that might be something to look into then push it out to all at once

3. Neuman

Neuman New Member

hrm....i'll have to mess with this a bit...

i should be able to logon script something to allow "change" to all applicable WoW folders...then xcopy as admin to the WoW directory. This way whenever a enduser wants to play WoW it will update once they open the app?

we will see in the morning.

thanks for the help.