Hey vag, what is your definition of a soul mate?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by NaviQ200, Jan 22, 2008.

1. NaviQ200

NaviQ200 New Member

I'm curious to know what you guys think, a lot of my friends don't believe in soul mates. I personally do, however i don't believe theres only 1 person out there for everyone. As long as you believe in soul mates, and you are constantly seeking to find yours, then you will eventually find that person (ie. it's all in your head :p), but please tell me your perspective.

I use "soul mate" and true love interchangeably, and the simplest definition of a soul mate i can come up with is: someone who you are 100% sure you would never leave for anyone else (not even Halle Berry). However the trick is, you would know this right from the start, before you even fall in love with this person.

Have you found your soul mate?

(if this is not vag thread standard, then tell me whats the perfect penis size while your at it :fawk:)

2. kiri

kiri New Member

if those are your conditions, then i don't think i believe in soul mates. you can have certain hopes or feelings about a person you've just met, but i don't think you can KNOW immediately that you will love them or that you will never leave them.

i think it is possible to find your true love, but it's not possible to truly love someone until you truly know them. otherwise, you're just falling in love with an idea.

3. VibraNation

VibraNation www.VibraNation.com

Soul mate=Best Friend.

Someone who can relate to everything you say and you can share anything with that person.

4. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Not a concept I subscribe to

5. VibraNation

My 2 favorite soul mate definitions..

Soul lovers – someone you love, and would do anything for, and someone who loves you, and would do anything for you. And in that love, nothing is required for either person, because everything is already given. You love them more than anything in the world and could not live without them.

Soulmate (or soul mate) is a term sometimes used to designate someone with whom one has a feeling of deep and natural affinity, friendship, love, intimacy, sexuality, and/or compatibility. A related concept is that of the twin flame or twin soul – thought to be the ultimate soulmate, the one and only other half of one's soul, for which all souls are driven to find and join.

6. VibraNation

Re-reading the 2nd one again is deep. haha.

7. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I feel that a soul mate is someone that you can be completely yourself with. But I don't think it is meant to last. When you find someone that you can be that close to, you should cherish the time you have together.

8. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I don't believe in love "soul mates." Especially the idea that there's only 1 person out there for you. That's such Hollywood/Hallmark bullshit it makes me sad that anyone can be so close-minded and naive to believe it. Sorry, it's just how I feel.

9. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

What you guys are calling "soulmates" is actually what is referred to as a "twin flame" (google it). Twin flame is that ONE person you connect with in any way. Actually I heard a song not too long ago that really made me think about it and I thought it was awesome. They lyrics that got me went something like "Maybe in a previous life I was his husband and he was my wife" (it was a girl singing the song). I know people will make the obvious jokes (laffies), but that really struck me as awesome. That the "soul" is what connects regardless of of the "shell".

That idea could conceivably be bullshit and could be naive as hell, but I like to dream a little and believe that this actually exists. :hs:

My more solid belief about what a "soulmate" is, is actually not just one person. I believe that soulmates are a GROUP of people on the planet that you connect with. And it doesn't have to be romantic. Just kindrid souls, male or female.

I also believe that anybody could meet more than one soulmate in their life, and that a relationship could conceivably work with any of them, but that the GREATEST and MOST FULFULLING relationship would be with your twin flame.

10. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

I swear you live in my fucking head some days.

There are millions of people on this earth and to believe that there is one person who you are "meant to be with" is the biggest crock of shit ever. I get so sick hearing people talk about "true love at first sight" and "soul mates" and how they "were meant to be". Some relationships work, some don't, and most have a few hiccups here and there. If everything was perfect then you'd be bored.

11. iwishyouwerebeer

:werd:

12. JordanClarkson

Yeah, I mean it is unlikely that soul mates in the traditional hollywood sense exists. But there are some people that you just connect with on a whole different level than anyone else.

13. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Flawless compatibility and mutual, maximal attraction.

14. demosnat

demosnat New Member

QUESTION show of hands: does anyone believe there is 'one' person for you? Don't qualify it by saying there is a person you are best with, or anything just:
    YES/NO: do you believe there is a 'soul mate' for you, as in, a single person you are 'meant' to be with.

15. Aronomy

Aronomy Get your COME ON!

Haha, that isn't possible.

16. iwishyouwerebeer

Hell no.

17. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

I have one, she is literally the female version of me. I can talk to her about anything, do anything, 100% comfortable with her. She is actually the female version of me, it's freaky. We've been FB for 5-6 years now. But will never become more then just as close as 2 friends can possibly be because being that similar/comfortable doesn't translate well to an actual relationship.

But we literally have been this close since we origionally met, we just clicked like I've never clicked with anyone (not even remotly come close to clicking that well and that fast with anyone) in my entire life.

Although I guess since we will never be together romantically/married/family/etc my definition might be wrong :dunno:

18. JordanClarkson

on earth? no, but i'll meet her when i die

19. JordanClarkson

yeah, dating yourself or someone like you can be quite nerve wracking :o

20. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

I am not entirely sure I believe in a "soul-mate" but if I were to attach a definition to it, it would look something like this:

Someone that makes you completely comfortable, someone that will always be there for you no matter what, someone you can always count on when it matters, and someone who challenges your own perspectives and forces you to grow in a positive manner... and all of things combined result in you being happier because they are in your life and knowing you have a better quality of life and are a better person simply because their presence has graced you.

And yes, I have found that person. Found her many years ago as a matter of fact.

21. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

DTR, your last line made me chuckle man. Not knocking you one bit, but is this the girl you had been having relationship troubles with off and on? I remember you saying a lot of it was your fault and that you've changed, but I'm just curious.

22. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Yes it is that girl.

I don't want to get into a big thing about it but basically I am pretty religious and she was the one that brought me to that point (absolutely changed my life in every positive way possible and saved me), she also helped me grow a lot and was the reason for several new experiences which I otherwise may have not encountered, and regardless of everything she always was and still is there for me no matter what.
    We had our troubles, but I don't necessarily think a "soul-mate" needs to be defined by a wife or anything.

Regardless, my whole ideal of a soul-mate may be skewed... but whatever. Thus far (albiet I am pretty young) I have yet to meet anyone with such a profound influence on me in a positive respect. She's taught me a lot.
    You see, this is why I hate the term soul-mate.

23. JordanClarkson

exactly...some of the most important people in your life, the ones who help to shape your personality aren't necessarily those you will end up marrying

24. demosnat

demosnat New Member

What religion are you? Explain?

25. JordanClarkson

i'm not religious, but everyone needs something to look forward to after death :o