Hey Vag, give me your advice about a girl. (long story)

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by mocha2184, Oct 19, 2009.

1. mocha2184

mocha2184 I have spiral bullets

Hi Vag what's up? Here's my situation. I'm 25, I've been single for about 6 years, and haven't dated in nearly as long.

I just started med school this fall at a pretty small school; there are 70 students in my class, and we're going to be in all the same classes together for the next 4 years.
    I met a girl in my class during orientation week. It was her birthday and she invited a bunch of students to come out and celebrate with her. Despite not knowing her, I got her a card and wrote some silly story in it, as if we had known each other for a while; I figured she'd appreciate the humor. Turns out she did like it, we went out dancing that night and I felt something click with her. At the end of the night she gives me a kiss on the cheek and tells me that this was the best birthday she's ever had. I decide that I'm going to ask her out on a date.
    Then school starts, and you all know med school's no joke. I see her in all of my classes every day, but the courseload doesn't leave much free time, and soon the thought of going out on a date is put on the back burner. It turns out that this girl and I end up forming up a group with a few other students for study sessions on the weekends. Cool, because I get to spend time together with her, but it's always in a group with 3 or 4 of my classmates. As the quarter progressed, we've got to know each other pretty well, and I still feel the little spark that I felt when I first met her. I think she does too.
    Unfortunately, our schedules are booked solid with studying so I haven't had a shot at taking her out yet, and what little free time we end up having is spent hanging out as a group with the other students. Our weekend plans are almost always determined at the end of study session, when our group all decides to go out for drinks after studying together all day or something like that. We've had movie nights where she'd curl up on the couch next to me, but we'd have a couple friends in the room with us sitting on the floor or something. She definitely flirts with me, but I've just had trouble getting one-on-one time with her, and I'm not about to make a move in front of our classmates.
    Anyway, this Friday, there's an opera going on downtown. This Friday also happens to be the last day of finals for this quarter. No studying this weekend, so no excuses. She mentioned she's into classical music and ballet and that kind of thing so I picked up a pair of tickets. She's really excited about going and has been counting down the days since I bought the tickets. She's done some cute stuff like hiding post it notes in my books with the day countdown written on them, or referring to me as "Pavarotti" when she texts me, or told me she's getting something really nice to wear that night. Anyway, it's been 10 weeks since I've met her and this is the first time that we're going to be going out together without the whole crew in tow.
    So, do you guys think that I have a shot with this chick. I mean, 10 weeks seems like a long time, especially by Vaginarium standards, to go between meeting a girl and taking her out on a date? I think she likes me, but I haven't been on a date in years and honestly, I don't remember what to do. Also, 10 weeks has been a long time for me to play this up in my head, and I'm probably really overthinking this.
    Give me some feedback folks, do you guys have any advice for me to clear my head and just flow with it? I think that if I can just get my brain to stay out of my way, this date is going to go great. Help me out OT! :)

2. MarshyTheKid

MarshyTheKid New Member

Whoa buddy. You guys text. She cuddles up to you during movies? She keeps mentioning something cute she is going to wear and how excited she is for it? Call her and be like, hey, I wanna show you something at study group. Come a bit early. Figure out something cheesy/funny to shower her and ask her out. Or just say, hey, I lied, I really just wanted to ask you out for dinner and the opera. Pick her up, take her to dinner, take her to the opera, have something in mind to suggest to do after(I dunno how long the opera lasts). Something to talk about the concert after and to continue to get to know her from dinner.
    Just my thoughts.

3. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Well, you'll never know until you make a move, right?

You have to decide what that move should be and when the right moment is. Those are things we can't tell you either.

The only thing that we can tell you is that you need to make a move and that that move is going to involve taking a risk and putting yourself out there and making it clear what your intentions are.

As for getting time alone...well, man, time will never just fall into your lap. It won't. And that goes for anything that you desire to do and claim you don't have time for. Not having time is just an excuse. Always remember that. Remember that the only thing separating you from your desires and having time for those desires is your ability to take a risk and to make the time.

4. Silenus

Silenus New Member

Talk about a sure thing!

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Christ, men can be so naive :rofl:

Dude, the girl really likes you. Just get out of your head and enjoy the opera with her. Hold her hand, out your arm around her, etc. She won't shy away, I guarantee it! Oh, and kiss her.

6. D7

D7 OT Supporter

dot and dot

7. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

:hs:

steer clearly, if it doesn't work out, you're going to see her for the next 4 years. i have a friend who is miserable because she dated someone in her very small, law school class. they didn't work out. now she sees him everyday.

good luck though. enjoy your date - she sounds into you, i agree with everyone else. hold her hand and go in for a kiss - she'll likely love it.

8. mocha2184

Thanks for the feedback guys. In my gut and in my heart I feel like this is going to go really well, I just have a tendency to overthink things and as a result I get really nervous. Actually, just writing all of that out last night made me feel quite a bit more confident about the whole situation.

9. mocha2184

This was definitely one of my concerns, but I've spent many years now finding reasons not to go for it with nearly every girl that I've come across, and staying single and relatively unhappy as a result. It's time to break the cycle.

10. Toroweedeater99

Toroweedeater99 Registered E-thug

Do just as the football player hits his helmet before game time to clear his head of all the emotions and prepare himself to go do what he knows. Maybe punching yourself in the face won't clear your head lol but finding a way to "prepare" yourself and clear your head would be beneficial. Be yourself...sounds like she has an extensive report already in her mind of you and finds some of your traits attractive. Slap you on a helmet and get in there.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  11. Reign

Reign Banned

If you don't mack on this bitch after your date, during your date, before the date... I will drive to where ever you live and BITCH slap you.

Seriously though... your golden dude, completely golden. During your date just open doors, guide her in with your hand, lightly, touching the small of her back. Gauge response. Give her quick little hugs around the shoulder while walking next to her, gauge her response. Put your hand on her leg a little longer than would be comfortable as 'just touching someone' watching the opera. Gauge her response. Put your arm around her and leave it there, watch her response.

All about the body language. If all those "tests" pass, go in for a kiss at some point, you probably won't be shot down.

BTW, 5 years since a date/play. Beat one off, or 3 off, before you go out with this girl. Trust me, last thing you want is to be popping wood the whole day through the date. Oh man... after just 6 months I went out with this SMOKIN hot girl and... well... lets just say I was blue balled before even getting them anywhere near her fun zone.

12. Sirian

Sirian New Member

That's the spirit! :bigthumb:

13. korverftw

korverftw New Member

Good luck. Have fun.

14. outlaws

outlaws C.R.E.A.M.

same position as you, she def likes you. you should make the move. doubt she'll deny it.

15. wolfskymoon

wolfskymoon Guest

She thinks you are smarter than her and will probably use you to help her study. Then someone hot will come along and she'll be on her way. Good luck though.

don't follow my advice, i have trust issues.

16. mocha2184

ROFL! I think she's smarter than me, she basically taught me biochem this quarter, so that's not the case.

17. LudaMan

LudaMan New Member

Don't even know why I'm posting, because everyone's already said it best.

I know there's no such thing as a "sure thing", but...this is a sure thing.

18. SquallRm

SquallRm New Member

make moves, dont wait around for her to do it. fml