Hey Vag crew - new guy checking in

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by CHOWBOX, Jun 2, 2008.

1. CHOWBOX

CHOWBOX OT Supporter

Hey crew. Been lurking but not posting much over the past couple of months.

I’m Sean and just to give you an idea what’s going on is that my wife and I have called it wraps of a 15 year relationship. I’m 33 and we moved in together when we I was 18. The divorce is done. We have been very amicable and we both got what we wanted as we are still best friends. We just fell out of love. We’ve lived apart for the last two years because of her job. I got to the point that we enjoyed being apart from one anther more than being with each other.

I am just nervous on even how to start this dating thing. I have been out of the game for sooooo long. Ive read most of the archives as to get a feel of things. But dating scares the shit out of me. Where to start? The confidence level here isn’t the highest if you know what I mean. Never thought of my self as good looking and I have a hard time reading into whether or not a gal is into me, etc.

Not really a question here, as much as just introducing myself and saying what’s up.

cheers:wavey:

[​IMG]

2. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

hello there :naughty:

:wavey:

3. fray

fray New Member

welcome :wavey:

4. CHOWBOX

CHOWBOX OT Supporter

Ya i know she is. she said she has been. We will always be friends I think as there isnt any reason not to be. She travels so much she is using my home as her address. For taxes and just to have permanent residence. We are pretty much our only family that we have left so it's fine.

i'll check out meetup.com I have been a little gun shy as i've always had a gal in my life. I don't want to get attached too fast.

thanks

5. CHOWBOX

CHOWBOX OT Supporter

:kiss: hey

6. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Well hello. Normally I'd close your thread and say to quit being an attention whore...but I like you and I see you have good intentions :mamoru: Plus, I love that you've actually searched old threads so I might not see 5 threads from you that can be found in the sticky's.

Sorry about your marriage :sadwavey: I'm sure it will take a long time to move on but the best part is that you've already felt yourself seperating from her (emotionally) for a long time and that's the hardest part. The fun part is pushing yourself out there and just trying to meet new women.

7. CHOWBOX

CHOWBOX OT Supporter

Thanks, the first thing I did when I knew things were done with my wife, was to think on how to move on with my life. I lost my leg a while ago and that has been a very big mental roadblock to me thinking of what women will say or think differently of me in a negative way. I was wrong as I’ve met a few that although they didn’t know about it at first, still didn’t think any differently of me after I they found out. Made me feel a lot better. But that roadblock has also taught me to life life to the fullest and not to care what people think if they don't like what they see. It's their problem. I'm here and I gots one leg, deal with it.

I turned to this sub forum thinking there might be answers here. And I have found a lot of information. I know I will continue to find new info and work through things as time goes on

8. CaiWooBlue

CaiWooBlue New Member

*waves*

9. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

hello and welcome :wavey:

sorry to hear about your marriage, but its really great to hear about you parting ways so amicably. I like to know that not everyone is insane during divorce. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders, and I like that.

not to pry, and you dont have to answer if you dont want to, but how did you lose your leg? I'm really interested in getting involved with prosthetics

10. CHOWBOX

CHOWBOX OT Supporter

Ya my wife and I have realized that we’ve changed. 15 years is a hell of a long time and we’ve both grown up. I still love her very much but am not in love with her. I see a lot of people go through crappy divorces and things get out of hand. I’m just glad we don’t have children and both have very successful careers so there is no alimony

I lost my leg in a motorcycle accident. Riding has been a big thing in my life. It happened July 14, 1999. With an accident reconstruction, the blame was put 100% on the other driver. The other driver was late for a tee time and pulled out in front of me. I couldn’t avoid him; his bumper severed my left leg. I never dropped my bike. A bystander saved my life by tying his belt around my leg.

I’m a below knee amp. And I ride to this day. But I park at the front door at Target and the bar. Rock star parking is where its at. No door dings FTMW

[​IMG]

11. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

its amazing you could get back on a bike, but so great that you can. Better than avoiding something for the rest of your life for fear it will happen again. Thanks for sharing your story.

12. aim2kill

aim2kill New Member

:wavey: hello!

Its great to see that even though you had a divorce :wtc: you both parted ways in good terms! it's nice to see that happen!

As a young person (soon to be 21 :noes:) who is prepping for a life with my SO of 2.5yrs i like seeing things dont always go bad! Also, ive been a rider since i was 8 (dirt) and 17 (street) so i think its awesome you were able to overcome your accident and climb back in the saddle! KUDO'S man!:hsd:

good luck on the dating scene, it can be scary, but be yourself and you'll pull in someone who likes you for that!

hope to pass you on the road! :bigthumb:

13. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

wow, kudos on still carrying on life after a traumatic injury like that.. that's respectable

14. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

wow... i'm sorry to hear about the divorce :wtc:. that makes me sad.

props to the two of you for keeping it amicable! :bigthumb:

you're a goodlooking guy :naughty:, and you sound like you have a kickass personality! :]

good luck with the ladies :] ... if you have any questions, throw them at us ;]