Hey Scott...

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by addifan, Apr 24, 2002.

1. addifan

addifan Guest

What are your thoughts on Zaino?

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I think you have to join a cult to use it...j/k...sort of. Some people who use Zainos come off as strong as Amway salesmen.

I saw a Zaino display at the Dallas Autorama in late Febuary. They had a black Viper on display and had used the entire Zaino system on it. The shine was very reflective, but not real wet like a carnuba based wax is. More of a mirror like finish than a wet 'shimmery' finish.

Like Klasse, it will last a long time and protect your paint very well. The first application can be time consuming-you have to wash your car down with Dawn dishwashing liquid and go through several steps and products to get the best results (you should use everything in proper order), but your paint will be protected for about 6 months or so. Klasse is in the same league, but initial use is easier and less steps and drying time between coats of wax.

Since synthetics don't seem to have that real wet look, what a lot of people do is top Zaino or Klasse with a high end carnuba based wax, like Pinnacle Paste Glaz or Souveran, P21S, or Blitz One Grand. Gives you the best of both worlds.

3. MiseryIndex

MiseryIndex i never know why. i only know who. Moderator

:rofl:

from the way anyone who uses is talks about it & gets so touchy about mentioning any other products.....theres gotta be something :o

4. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

I think it's the price... if you spend all that ching, you'd be pretty defensive, too! :big grin:

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I don't know. The Viper I saw looked great, but from all the hype, I was expecting to be knocked over by the shine...and I wasn't. Just seems to be a pretty good wax, but not the OMFG! That's the best shine evar! look.

IMO, Pinnacle Souveran is the best wax I have used. Super easy to apply and remove and the shine, especially on reds and blacks (and other dark colors) is just incredible-no real way to describe it, other than if you've ever looked at a sucker that has been in your mouth and is all wet and shiny-the paint looks wet like that.

Many of the people on http://autopia-carport.com that use Zainos top it with a carnuba based wax, and Steve, the guy who set up www.thewaxtest.org uses Zainos and tops it with P21S (a german made carnuba).