A&P hey OTAP, best methods for HT gallery pics?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by ssabripo, Mar 3, 2010.

1. ssabripo

ssabripo Banned

I took some pics of my shit months ago with a shitty p&s just to have something, but need to take some decent pics to update the gallery for good:

http://www.lordofthebass.com/gallery/gallery.html

I got my 7D, Tamron 17-55mm 2.8, and will get a tonika 11-18mm wideangle too.

what angles, viewpoints, etc, would you guys recommend?

any settings in particular? lighting?

2. iridium130

iridium130 OT Supporter

My suggestions would be use a tripod and turn the lights on either side of your TV down or off. Do you have any off-camera flash to use?

3. SkiMax

SkiMax OT Supporter

jesus christ thats a lot of speaker...

4. Bowzyr

Bowzyr sup bro

Get an off camera flash and use it to light your shit from different angles, or to bounce flash off the ceiling.. You will probably want to use the tokina, interior photography benefits a lot from wide angle.

Use a tripod fo sho.. Keep your ISO really low.. Shoot in aperture priority and control your DOF as desired, let the camera pick the appropriate shutter speed.

Angles / viewpoints etc are all up to your own artistic interpretation (or lack thereof :mamoru:).. Trial and error..

There is no better way to get better at photography than taking a bagillion pictures and learning from them.. with that in mind, go snap away, post them here, I will flame you and you will do it better the next time. :bigthumb:

5. ssabripo

ssabripo Banned

yeah, i can borrow some from a friend.

6. ssabripo

ssabripo Banned

whoa there snappy, one thing at a time... I'm old and cenile, and got shit growing up my brain, so let me take notes! :squint:
    Ok, so I'll use the flash and try bouncing it off the ceiling, etc. I should keep the lights off in the room?

ok, so Av mode, ISO manually set to 200 or so, set DOF to 2.8-4 depending on the shot, and let the 7D select the speed... good enough?

ok, I'll try some different shit... any pointers to nice audio video pics with good angles, etc? most of the shit is usually very ho-hum in this business unfortunately.

well why dont you bring your monkey ass down to florida and help an nigga out?! :x:

7. ssabripo

ssabripo Banned

here are certain shots I like:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

8. Bowzyr

Bowzyr sup bro

Don't turn them off all the way, but dim them if possible.

Correct. Don't be affraid to go higher than 4.0 either, say if you are doing a shot further back showing all your shit and sofa and whatever else.. Not only will going to a high f-stop increase your DOF it will increase your sharpness.

Just look at shit that you DO like, like the stuff you just posted.. The first shot was likely done with something even faster than 2.8, possibly even a macro lens (no exif reader right now).

The other shots are pretty straight forward, most probably on a tripod due to longer exposure times.

I will let you know next time I end up out there fo sho muh nigrah. :wiggle:

9. ssabripo

ssabripo Banned

I'm liking these shots...would like to get something like this, but I dont have the lighting of the room or the white color of the equipment.

any ideas how to achieve it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Philippe (Atanassof) en pleine conversation avec le concepteur des câbles installés sur le "gros" système.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Toujours Philippe en pleine conversation avec Alain "The Boss".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]