Hey OT, I'm trying to do a reverse ISP lookup on an email.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Buick Muscle, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Buick Muscle

Buick Muscle Guest

I had a friends Email account get hacked into over the weekend and sent some nefarious shit over the contact listings. It was done under the email login and password, but what I need to find out if exactly how can I pinpoint the location of the originating terminal that sent the email.

I already checked the headers though Outlook express and I narrowed down a Few ISP addresses already. I conducted a DNS reverse lookup already and I think I narrowed down the town, but Im not sure if I got this right.

This was through Yahoo and I know they leave digital fingerprints all over that shit, so I need some help to find out exactly what I can do about this.

I talking names and addresses.

2. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Go to hell.

3. Buick Muscle

Buick Muscle Guest

Probably, but I've been doing some playing around with the Various ISP's that I have been digging up in the header information, and many of them direct to the Yahoo servers in California.

However, the originating address traces to a provider located in Tyler Texas.

Hopefully that might lead somewhere. I did a lookup on my own email that I sent to myself and I can pull up Houston Texas as the originating computer, but then I tried it on a friend I know whos in Houston and there shit pulled up being in New Jersey. :wtf:

I dunno, but this shit is difficult as fuck to do. I'm contacting Yahoo and hopefully they will be able to help me out.

4. Sexual Vanilla

Sexual Vanilla New Member

5. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

in before the lock