A&P Hey, Jim ...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by isaac86hatch, Jun 15, 2009.

1. isaac86hatch

isaac86hatch This thread sucks

Why don't you post some reviews and samples of the shit you buy instead of just saying you bought something? Seriously, the "I bought something" threads are getting old.

:wavey:

2. aCab

aCab New Member

Gear = good pics. As he buys more gear his pics get better. Everybody knows this is how photography works. I wanna see how good he is in a year.

3. Jcolman

Jcolman OT Supporter

Ok then. Last months purchase. Canon 5DII

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Review
    May 26, 2009 ... The Canon EOS 5D Mark II has been a long time coming, arriving three years after its popular full-frame predecessor, the 5D.
    www.digitalcamerareview.com/default.asp?newsID=3944&review=canon+5d +mark+ii - Cached - Similar -
    Canon 5D Mark II
    NEW: Nikon D3X, D3, and Canon 5D and 5D Mark II ISO 3200 Comparison 09 January 2009 ..... see the example galleries linked from the old 5D review. ...
    www.kenrockwell.com/canon/5d-mk-ii.htm - Cached - Similar -
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II - Digital Camera Reviews & Photography Tips
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II Reviews, Sample Images & Videos (last updated: 08 June'09), Ratings, User Manual Download, Guides, Features & Specifications.
    www.dphotojournal.com/canon-5d-mark-2-review-sample-photos-user- manual/ - Cached - Similar -
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II Review: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography ...
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II In-depth Review, February 2009. Don Wan, Phil Askey ( additional material by Simon Joinson, Andy Westlake and Richard Butler) ...
    www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos5dmarkii/ - Cached - Similar -
    Canon announces update for EOS 5D Mark II: Digital Photography Review
    May 27, 2009 ... Canon announces update for EOS 5D Mark II: Canon has announced a firmware update for its EOS 5D Mark II digital SLR enabling manual exposure ...
    www.dpreview.com/news/0905/09052701canon5dmarkiifirmware.asp - Cached - Similar -
    More results from www.dpreview.com »
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II review Cameralabs verdict: 5D Mark II vs 5D ...
    Canon's EOS 5D Mark II is a powerful and feature-packed DSLR that represents a significant upgrade over the original 5D, and a tough rival in the growing ...
    www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Canon_EOS_5D_Mark_II/verdict.shtml - Cached - Similar -
    Canon 5D Mark II Reviews and Resources » Photography Bay | Digital ...
    Canon 5D Mark II Reviews. DC Resource. All things considered, the Canon EOS-5D Mark II is a very impressive digital SLR. For the Canon enthusiast who wants ...
    www.photographybay.com/2007/09/18/canon-5d-mark-ii/ - Cached - Similar -
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II Review - photo.net
    Read about Canon's latest digital camera, the 5D MarkII. Bob Atkins from Photo. net takes a detailed look at the new camera along with its HD video ...
    photo.net/equipment/canon/5D-mkII/review/ - Cached - Similar -
    Gizmodo - Canon 5D Mark II vs. Nikon D700 Review Shoot-Out - canon ...
    Feb 26, 2009 ... For the last few months, we've been shooting with the two hottest cameras on the market. Lucky us. If you've been eyeing either one of these ...
    gizmodo.com/5160540/canon-5d-mark-ii-vs-nikon-d700-review-shoot+out - Similar -
    Review: Canon EOS 5D Mark II Review | Cameras | Macworld
    Feb 19, 2009 ... Canon's EOS 5D Mark II is a great camera that offers exceptional image quality and a great interface. For users who've been wanting a ...
    www.macworld.com/article/138884/2009/02/canon_eos_5d_mark_2.html - Similar -

We Review The Canon EOS 5D Mark II: Highly Recommended | neutralday
    In the middle of September Canon announced their replacement for the famed Canon EOS 5D, an evolution 3 years in the making called the Canon EOS 5D Mark II.
    www.neutralday.com/we-review-the-canon-eos-5d-mark-ii-highly- recommended/ - Cached - Similar -
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II Review - PhotographyBLOG
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II Review. Review Date: December 4th 2008. Author: Mark Goldstein. Leave a comment about this Review ...
    www.photographyblog.com/reviews_canon_eos_5d_mark_ii.php - Cached - Similar -
    The Canon 5D Mark II - The Digital Journalist
    They mention towards the bottom of their reviews that the camera has "Live View" but ... Rear view of the Canon 5D Mark II showing LCD info menu display. ...
    www.digitaljournalist.org/issue0811/the-canon-5d-mark-ii.html - Cached - Similar -
    Bebbs - Canon 5D Mark II review on Vimeo
    Bebbs - Canon 5D Mark II review. by StillMotion · plus. 7 months ago 7 months ago: Mon, Sep 22, 2008 5:51pm EST (Eastern Standard Time) ...
    www.vimeo.com/1790529?pg=embed&sec=1790529 - Cached - Similar -
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II Review
    Review of the Canon EOS 5D Mark II with EF 24-105mm F/4.0 IS Lens. Written by Ron Risman December, 2008. Review: Page 1 (Introduction), Review: Page 2 (High ...
    www.cameratown.com/reviews/canon5dmkII/ - Cached - Similar -
    Full frame review wars: Canon 5D Mark II vs Sony Alpha A900 - 1001 ...
    PDN Gear Guide has posted a duo of full-frame DSLR reviews, the megapixel-queen Alpha A900 and the HD-Video queen Canon 5D Mark II.
    www.1001noisycameras.com/2009/02/full-frame-review-wars-canon-5d- mark-ii-vs-sony-alpha-a900.html - Cached - Similar -
    Canon 5D MKII Pre-Preview Report
    A few hours later I'm holding the new Canon 5D MKII. Pretty cool. .... In both cases on a 2.6Ghz dual core Macbook Pro with 2 Meg of RAM, .... we intend on making the Luminous Landscape a home for product reviews, educational articles, ...
    www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/5dmkiipre.shtml - Cached - Similar -
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II review roundup
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II review roundup. by Darren Murph, posted Dec 20th 2008 at 1: 32PM. This one's been a long time coming, but we wanted to make absolutely ...
    www.engadget.com/2008/12/20/canon-eos-5d-mark-ii-review-roundup/ - Cached - Similar -
    Something Very Interesting is coming…both to this blog and to our ...
    Vincent Laforet has a very, very interesting post up about the Canon EOS 5D Mark II. It features the first shots from the camera, and while they are ...
    blog.vincentlaforet.com/2008/09/20/something-very-interesting-is- comingboth-to-this-blog-and-to-our-industry/ - Cached - Similar -
    Review: “Canon 5D Mark II Made Easy” (DVD training) | planet5D ...
    Or, maybe you're pretty darn comfortable with the Canon cameras, maybe even had the 5D before you got the 5D Mark II and you're pretty sure you don't need ...
    blog.planet5d.com/2009/04/review-canon-5d-mark-ii-made-easy-dvd- training/ - Cached - Similar -

Want more??? :mamoru:

I'll post up some pics of my latest purchases when I receive them and when I put them through their paces.

4. asdfbunk

asdfbunk A Member OT Supporter

5. Jcolman

Jcolman OT Supporter

I've changed my style of shooting in the past year. Here's some samples from my first wedding (with cheesy Craigslist ad copy)

[​IMG]

And my last wedding

[​IMG]

6. aCab

aCab New Member

cute ricer angles. Looking at your current pics, id guess you were a lot younger. Are your customers surprised sometimes when they meet you? They just have a really youthful look to them.

7. Jcolman

Jcolman OT Supporter

Thanks. OT has kept me young.

I always wear a bag over my head when I meet with clients.

8. johan

johan Active Member

that sample of your recent work....LOVE it!

what a difference from before, eh

there's just so much more 'story' in the latter pics, much cleaner, more maturity, more pop & zest.

9. Jcolman

Jcolman OT Supporter

Thanks but you have to realize that in both samples, these are just a few random pics from the wedding. The "story" is there in all cases but I've changed up my style to be a bit more "current". I've actually simplified my approach and use less light than I use to.

10. johan

johan Active Member

Maybe story is the wrong word, I don't mean that I look at these sequence of pics and think they're telling a wedding story, start to finish.

But there is a palpable difference. Within each photograph, there is something that invites you to look deeper.

With snapshots, even wedding snapshots...there's nothing deeper. Just surface detail.

I wouldn't have guessed they're from the same photog. I guess in a sense, they aren't. The latter are much more developed and more fully realized.

11. Stock

Stock New Member

Give him a year, he'll learn. :mamoru:

12. Jcolman

Jcolman OT Supporter

Thanks! Much appreciated. I'm still trying to evolve as a wedding tog and so I'm learning and changing with each wedding I shoot.

13. ( * )( * )

( * )( * ) OT Supporter

wow, new Jcolman is so much more > than old Jcolman.

14. Gvidon

Gvidon New Member

Ban the OP

15. asdfbunk

asdfbunk A Member OT Supporter

but is he > tits?

16. TheManLouisianaFace

TheManLouisianaFace and decide!

:rofl:

17. isaac86hatch

Did you really just post "gear = good pics?" :ugh:

Anyway ... I have nothing against Jim at all. But, people buy gear all the time, and I always check to see if they reviewed it or not. Sure xxx lighting kit might help produce great pictures. However, how easy was it use, how long did the batteries last, what's the build quality like, etc? In all honesty I would rather hear how something performs and works rather just see the results or worse yet just that someone bought it. Heaven forbid I introduce logic beyond gear whoring into this so-called "no bullshit" atmosphere.

18. Jcolman

Jcolman OT Supporter

Very valid points and point well taken. I'll post up some reviews of my gear after I've had a chance to work with it.

19. Jcolman

Jcolman OT Supporter

Thanks. Old dogs can learn new tricks.

20. isaac86hatch

:bigthumb:

21. aCab

aCab New Member

no, some body must have edited my post. :hsugh:

22. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

Seems to happen time to time with you... :rofl: