Hey Horsedick

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Scottwax, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

2. Scottwax

I take everything from the Todd and Zaino cliques over there with a huge grain of salt.

3. Juztang

Juztang www.obsessivedetail.com

Too much drama over there!

4. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Wow.

It always amazes me how up in arms people get about brands and who makes/sells/uses what product. It's just polish and wax, who gives a damn?! Either it works well or it doesn't. These drama queens make no sense to me at all.

5. Scottwax

It is a shame because the majority of people there are honestly interested in either sharing or accumulating more knowledge about detailing. Sucks to have to wade through the BS and the shills.

6. Scottwax

At least 10, that's for sure. Time sure flies. In April I will have had my business full time for 16 years. :noes:

7. Scottwax

Yeah, no shit. My kids were in kindergarten and 2nd grade when I started full time. One goes into the Marines on Monday and my other son is in college.

8. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

I read through that entire thread last night. I honestly don't know what to think. Too much censorship? Yes. Is AG in the wrong for probably lying about a product? Yes. Is this situation getting blown out of proportion? I feel like I'm in fucking HS again. Good God. It's just wax and I'll continue to order from AG if they have a better price.

9. BlazinBlazer Guy

My thoughts exactly. While I have a problem with the way some of these companies do business, I'm not going to throw the baby out with the bathwater when it ultimately comes down to finding the best product at the best price, regardless who makes it or sells it.

10. exceldetail

exceldetail New Member

Now you know why Im hardly there.

11. Scottwax

That little clique over there with gmblack3a as their pitbull sure get butthurt in a hurry.

What I don't get is people saying they've lost respect for Mike Phillips over this. I don't think his job description says he is a go between for forum disputes. Mike is a great guy whose done more to further the discussion of detailing on the internet than anyone else.

I also don't think that Fermani was banned soley over the post he is talking about. There has to be more that he isn't saying and for whatever reason, Max has chosen to keep quite about as well.

None of it matters all that much to me anyway other than to stir the pot at little. :mamoru: I don't know Fermani very well and I haven't bought much from Autogeek because I have a local Optimum and Meguiars distributor. Besides, when I do order online it tends to be from your company, Patrick. You contribute to the forum and I like to support fellow OT'ers, not to mention your great prices, fast shipping and candy. :)

12. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

I get suckered in with the BOGOs at AG :( I'm a sucker for a good deal.

13. BlazinBlazer Guy

Not that I think Mike is a bad guy -- I know his intentions are good, but I do understand folks who don't have a lot of respect for him for whatever reason.

I have had a few run-ins with him in the past myself back when he was still at Meguiar's, and even still I have a mixed impression of him. That's just my take, though.

14. Scottwax

I met Mike in person when I invited out by Meguiars to Irving in 2004 and he is the one who took us around everywhere. He and Pennington led an advanced detailing class for us. Saw him again when he was out in Dallas for a Meguiars class a few years ago and talk to him a few times a year by phone. Always been a straight shooter with me.