MMA hey guys

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by chechen, Nov 5, 2009.

1. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

tell me about your lives please. i feel disconnected from most of you these days.

2. Hillary

Hillary fukc yaeh. ew waitled long enough. nujgses of hill

My classes at school are getting insane, but I've gotten into all upper-level Biology courses so I really enjoy what I'm doing. I start on my thesis soon and I'll be researching and writing about socialized medicine. I started reading my MCAT prep book on all the flights I've taken recently.

As far as BJJ goes, I want my purple back. Guys are going 200% and just hurting me, it's stupid. My defense is getting way better but I miss fun rolls. I'm going to Cali this weekend to compete, Houston next weekend, Jersey, San Antonio, Dallas, Memphis, Miami, and Vero Beach in December, should hit up Vegas in early January. Thanks MTX.

And I want to get Indian food.

You?

3. Antigeek

Antigeek Who Dat!

If you ever want to come visit NOLA, let me know. I'm the best grappler where I train at and I suck. It would be great for your ego.

We have one more major thing for work for the year, which will be done the first Friday of December. After that I coast until mid January. Family life is good. Training has been decent, though I was busy last week and missed both classes. And I got the bulk of my Christmas shopping done already, so I'm looking forward to th holidays for a change.

4. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

Hey buddy. I'm still a dickhead on here and I hope your back is getting better.

:love:
    Drag

5. Searcher

Searcher New Member

Back is doing great. Back in the gym and doing BJJ. Both my companies are doing well and going to make it, despite a slow construction industry. I am selling a new product that kills 99.99% of Flu's including Swine as well as bacterias, molds, viruses, odor's and VOC's (chemicals in the air). I am very excited to see the sales increase throughout the winter. I am probably going to be single again very soon, which is for the best.

6. ilduce

ilduce New Member

more info on said product.

7. prophit

prophit OT Supporter

also interested.

8. Searcher

Searcher New Member

http://www.rgf.com/air_purifier.cfm

Here is a direct link to the manufactures page. The product is Guardian Air.

The product installs directly into your existing heating system or you can opt for the plug in version

9. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

Last semester at school, about to graduate with a worthless degree. Gonna take some post-bac to get gpa up and apply for grad school. BJJ is going awesome, getting better by the day. We just got a new facility and moved out of our garage gym :rofl: New place has a cage, huge matspace, A guy is also gonna be training us crossfit so he set up 2 power racks, bunch of olympic weights, bumper plates, full set of kettlebells and a full rack of dumbbelss going up to 120's. Rhalan came to train us while Daniel is in Cali getting ready for the Nogi worlds. Awesome having a tall lanky dude like him showing stuff because me and him have similar body types.

10. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

grad school, last year of it, 9-5 type research daily. When I'm not in lab, I'm training weights, and bjj.

11. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

Congrats on finishing Grad School man.

12. Optamix

Optamix New Member

Swore into the Air Force.

Working out and swimming like crazy.

Planning a wedding.

13. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Touch Pro: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en))

i married my gf of 7 years last month and we're super happy. we're starting to get our audio egineering business off the ground, excited about that.
    been kinda slacking on bjj but am working on my striking training more dilligently right now. am supposed to test for my black belt in the style I teach soon.
    starting to do the RX'd weights in crossfit, and tore the skin off my hands yesterday doing sdlhp's and pullups. brutal.

14. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

just got back from Colorado on a rockclimbing trip. making another one in Bishop in a few weeks. training for a Utah or Squamish trip for early next year. i love you long time.

P.S. - say hi to thehumungus for me :wavey:

15. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

congrats :h5:

16. muscle68

muscle68 OT Supporter

just wake up every morning, go to Starbucks, and laugh at Tim

Leave for Chicago tomorrow

17. Hillary

Hillary fukc yaeh. ew waitled long enough. nujgses of hill

Congrats all around dude!

18. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

I really want to learn how to rock climb. need somethign low impact but still fun.

19. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

Hip has all but failed me, can only train on it about once a week tops right now.
    Hate my job finally, which is good that it happens now rather than later. Going to look into going back to finish my MBA or possibly a masters in something else.
    Backed out of buying a condo and am using the money i saved for a down-payment as a cushion in case I quit my job, and for future tuition.

20. Trueno

Trueno Bаnned bу Ѕuреr Μоdеrаtоrs

3 days now still feeling like shit. been home most of the time. hoping I'll feel better by tomorrow that i can fly out.

21. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

thanks guys :hugot:

22. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

indoor, i'm paler than milk.

do you need good range of motion in your hips for it? everything else in my legs is fairly flexible.

23. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

I need to find a bjj or mma place closer to me. I have realized that I'm not willing to drive 20-30 min to train.

On the work front, things are busy but good. My boss got fired(he was an asshole) and the new guy is a nice guy.

24. watagatapitusberry

watagatapitusberry OT Supporter

med school takes up the bulk of my time, but i still grapple/spar at least once a week. i think i am going to fail exams on monday.

also, getting hit with 4 oz gloves hurts...a lot. my back hurts for some reason and the first thing that came to mind was "i hope i don't end up like that chechen guy"

25. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

it's low impact, but i still get bang-the-fucked-up because of it :hsd:

fucked up shoulder, fucked up wrist, constantly fucked up fingers, constant scrapes and cuts on my forearms, elbows, heel, etc... :o
    there are tons of gyms in socal. another socal OTer (Phu Pham) is an advid climber as well
    flexibility depends on the type of climb. they're all set differently, so some have small, crimpy holds, some have large jugs :)kdubb:), overhung, slabby and balancy...

don't you have lots of ink? probably another reason to stay out of the sun :o
    depends on the level and type of climb. i'm mostly a boulderer, which is lots of upperbody strength and big moves. rope climbing requires more finesse for the most part