GUN Hey guys I need some help on a gift Idea

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ffxhub, Oct 23, 2003.

1. ffxhub

ffxhub OT Supporter

I am looking for a new gun to buy my buddy for his college graduation gift when he graduates from Virginia Tech in May. I know it's far away but I want to get it out of the way. Anyway we always have to out do each other and he bought me a stainless .44 mag Ruger BlackHawk last year. I was pissed that he spent so much but whatever it is one bad ass gun. Well now I need to out do him. I am looking to spend between $3-500 on something that is pretty cool. What he has so far is:

S&W 9mm (cant remember the model# 8 shot stainless, similar to the 908 nothing fancy)
    Remington Model 700 Sendaro .300 Win Mag
    Winchester Pup 12 gauge

I am looking for something fun and practical. The .44 is really a gun that is fun to shoot but a great home protection gun too.....hahah :rl:

He really isn't big on revolvers and likes to shoot. What do you guys recommend. He really likes the assault rifles and things like that but they seem to be kind of pricey. I am sure you can come up with something.

2. Furner

Furner New Member

bump your spending up to $600 and get a standard RRA AR15 A2 16" bbl

3. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

For $500, i would buy an AK kit from K-var and have it built by Inrange, AK-USA, or ORF.

Maybe you'll get a nice AR15 or something when he tries to out do you. :big grin:

4. ffxhub

ffxhub OT Supporter

Yeah I was looking at the Aks and the AR15's. I am very new to assault rifles. I have been shooting/hunting and around guns since I was 8, but this is a whole new area for me. I just want something that is new and is going to be reliable. I guess I have a lot of research a head of me.

5. ffxhub

ffxhub OT Supporter

Any chance you guys could give me brands that are good and ones I should stay away from? I was checking out this site

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/

And they have some pretty cool stuff, but is this used shit that just got pulled out of a box with 500 others or is it new and of fairly good quality. Thanks again guys!!