Hey guys, I could use some advice.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by kimjongil, Sep 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kimjongil

kimjongil Guest

First, I'm kind of in a bad spot right now, financially. I'm living in a single room in a house, it's pretty small. I don't have much room or money to work with.

I'm interested in putting on some muscle. Not much for now, I'm realistic and I will go after bigger goals when things get better. But I would still like to make some small gains right now. I think it would help my spirits to make a bit of progress. I am pretty much a n00bert to lifting.

I don't have much cash to work with..I'd prefer not to go to a gym. I can afford a one time of expense of about...75 bucks right now. I would probably also be willing to shell out a bit of money for some protein powder, or whatever you guys think is appropriate, on a regular basis.

So my question basically is, what should I invest in? As far as weights go, I was thinking a basic dumbell/barbell set. Just two dumbells and one bar, maybe 200 lbs worth of plates (I only weigh 155 right now so that is plenty at present).

For supplements, I can really only afford to buy one thing regularly. I guess whey protein would be it?

Any advice welcome.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2005
  2. AznRyda

AznRyda キモかわいい!

Try a 3 month membership some place or a ymca. You will outgrow anything you can buy for 75 dollars.

3. Mojo

Mojo New Member

i dont think you would need whey for "small gains" since you just want to basically 'start' up your physique(sp).

set of dumbbells and a curl bar +plates

if you must have whey, ON whey :wavey: idk about pricing though, i think its fair

4. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

YMCA ftw!!! I was in the same spot as you. I cut and worked out in my room with adjustable dumbells. I lost ~ 55 lbs last year and maintained most of my muscle but I think i could have had much better progress if I actually hit the gym hard. Just my two cents. Good luck either way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.