GUN Hey folks. We're mobilizing a national rally effort to voice our support for the 2nd

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by krott5333, Feb 25, 2007.

1. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

copperhead and I decided we'd like to organize a rally in the near future.

heres the plan..

state-by-state rally to support gun rights. Each state rally/march/protest whatever you wanna call it (by the way we need ideas for what to call it) will take place at the states capital. It'd be nice if we could do every state rally on the same day, so it would be like one giant rally.. it would be easier for everyone to attend than one single rally in DC.

How do these things work? it'd be nice to have a speaker at each event, speaking on the behalf of those who cherish gun rights and realize we are on a downhill slope in certain regards.. and it doesnt look like it will get better in the future with our current government officials.

we have a website set up for this already, but we would like to wait until the forum is in working order before proceeding with that.

we need someone that is good at doing graphics, both computer graphics and making flyers. We need some graphics for the site. We would also like to offer pdf flyers for people to print out and hang at their local gun shops/ranges/outdoors stores, etc.

Obviously we will be able to bring many new skills and ideas in once we get the forum up and running, so I'm confident we can have a smooth operation if we get enough support.

Once we get the website up and running as it should be, and at least some ideas for a date and what not, we will start notifying all the online gun boards and try to get a link or a sticky or something so we can start getting this thing rolling.. and I mean ROLLING.. the larger scale this thing pans out to be, the better. And because its a state-by-state rally, it will be much more feasible than other tried-and-failed national rallies. (for example, the Million Mom March :mamoru2: ) We will also try to get word about through the gun and maybe even hunting rights organizations, GOA, JPFO, NRA, etc.

so, if you folks got some ideas for what date to set this thing, etc etc, then lets hear em. I've got some ideas for a date, but I'd like to hear everyone elses opinion. I also think we should have a set of clear "objectives", so share your ideas for that. If its too vague, the government will drag their ass if they plan on doing anything about it. And I dont think it should be too precise either. Something that shows WHY we are not content with the direction our country is headed in relation to gun rights. (National Reciprocity, protecting dealers/manufacturers from frivolous lawsuits, protection against AWB bans and big-bore bans.. and we should probably throw in something that protects the "average" gun owner... because lets face it, the typical average Joe is a hunter with a shotgun and a bolt action rifle. we need their support too)

:wavey:

P.S. This is completely non-profit, and is simply for the sake of protecting our valuable rights.

heres the website, always under construction!
    www.SaveThe2nd.Org

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2007
  2. YesterdaysGone

YesterdaysGone Iced Out Platinum Member

1st. and in, if this works out... i like the idea

3. copperhead035

copperhead035 New Member

of course, the day after I get the domain and forum set up, Dreamhost decides to take a shit.

Hopefully this afternoon I'll have the chance to start setting stuff up, but with my retarded work schedule I will definately need help, so I will probably defer a fair amount of the work to Krott.

I'm welcome to everyone's input on this, as I want it to be a truly community effort. If Krott and I were to try and take on the government ourselves, we probably wouldn't get past bickering over whether we should use Glocks or 1911's :mamoru:

4. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

So, would the rallies take place in the state capitals or a whole bunch of different cities?

5. Small Block LSX

Small Block LSX BMW | N54 | LSX | Gun | PS3 | Parent | Night CREW

The original post says it will take place at the states capitols'. Also, it would be helpful if each state had informaiton on how to organize a peaceful rally. It usually requires some sort of permit and then you'll have the anti-gun crowd protesting on the other side.

Also, if you add direct issues or bans (in it's legal form) on the website that would be great. The last thing we want is a bunch of uneducated gun lovers opening their mouths and possibly making things worse for us.

6. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

:werd:

I'm thinking have our objectives out on the front page, and the forum (which does not necessarily represent the views of the greater whole) as a separate link.

7. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

A good attention getter would be saying that 1022 may also ban M1 garands and the Ruger 1022

8. GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc OT Supporter

Maryland Gun Crew signing in. You can count my family and i in on this.

9. Crossett

Crossett New Member

in for ATX

10. BigBadJohn

In for IL. Me, soybomb and maybe one or two more might go :hs:
    Knowing my state well be arrested and tried as terrorists

11. daviid

daviid cell tower tech

ill try my dandiest to get to one. i never know with my work schedule though

12. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

:cool: I'll go if I can.

13. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

We've got atleast 4 gun crew in Tallahassee that'll do it.

14. blindarrow

blindarrow New Member

15. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

In. I can help out with graphics/forum stuff, I've had a few sites before.

16. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

i'd be interested in meeting, but it would depend on the date

17. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

awesome :bigthumb:

i'm sure you'll be utilized, stay tuned :h5:

18. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

well lets hear your suggestions for a date!

19. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

hahaha, i don;t have any idea, i'll be pretty much immobile due to work/college and knee surgery for quite a while, so pick a date and i'll see if i can go, i wish i were easier :hsd:

20. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

i would be in if its on a saturday. id love to speak, but im sure people wouldnt listen to someone as young as me.

plus, i dont think we need a rally for georgia, our govt likes guns enough as it is. i dont think even our dems would vote for 1022.

21. BigBadJohn

We should just swarm on Sacramento and Springfield. If we can sway the votes of IL and CA. anything is possible.

22. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

if you wanna speak, you can speak :dunno:

this isn't a state rally, its a national rally that takes place in 50 different states :noes:

23. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

a lot of old timers wouldnt want me up there, and i would question if they would be on board. plus, do you really think you can get 1k people at least per state? it will be tough.

24. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

attitude = altitude :slap:

who gives a fuck if the old timers want you up there? the old timers will be dead soon. You represent the upcoming generations of shooters, the one's who really matter in the future of gun rights

25. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

good point. im just worried that they will be the hunting people, not true gun people. id love to speak though... just not to a group of 20 or 30 lol. need about 1k or more.