Hey dudes. So this wave 4 shit?

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by GamerAsh, Nov 1, 2009.

1. GamerAsh

GamerAsh SKATE crew

I'm sooner or later going to have to find a method of playing wave4 games. I've got either 1.51FW or 1.6FW, my modder dosen't know :ugh2:. I have no idea if it's hitachi or not. It was bought around last christmas time, so I doubt it?

So here's the deal. If I put in a wave 4 game like GTA4 episodes, will I having any risk of getting banned if I don't have wave 1.51 Hitachi, or 1.6 with boot disk? Will it just not boot? If it dosn't boot without sending any flags to MS then that'd be fine. I could always try to see if the acivation disc works, then if not I'll have to get it updated to 1.61. Just need to know if there is any risk putting in a wave4 game without knowing.

2. Barkode

Barkode Active Member

Keep this shit in one thread please thank you

3. GamerAsh

GamerAsh SKATE crew

Sorry bro.

4. FINALBOSS

FINALBOSS

First of all, relax. :hug: Banning certainly isn't instant and it absolutely isn't guaranteed. There's over 1000 people playing MW2 online right now and aren't getting banned.

All these firmwares and activation.isos are pretty much moot--the only thing that controls whether you are banned or not is whether ABGX gives the rip an A-OK and proper stealth protocols are implemented.

1.51 w/ Hitachi is pretty much the best combo out there. You never have to update and every game is guaranteed to work. Just remember, always check with ABGX.

Love ya.

ttyl,
    FINALBOSS

5. FINALBOSS

FINALBOSS

Ima take care of you GamerAsh. Just stay under my wing.

ttyl,
    FINALBOSS

6. GamerAsh

GamerAsh SKATE crew

Lol, thanks FINALBOSS. I know about all that. I never play the games before release date anyway. I'm just worried that if I pop in this GTA4:stories disc and I haven't got the correct FW then i'm gonna get flagged for a future ban.

7. Twinsen

Twinsen OT Supporter

Well, like he said, that has nothing to do with getting bant. Nobody even knows how they detect the mod.

8. Chris3G

Chris3G Bullshark Testosterone

1.51 hitachi works because it skips strict checking, so it just boots anything. This is the easiest BUT if it so happens that MS uses boot sector filesize checks to detect illegitimate copies then you are opening yourself up for a ban unless you carefully check every game you want to play. Maybe they do use this method and maybe they don't, nobody knows.

With 1.6 you will need activate.iso for any wave4 release, which when used will make your drive behave like 1.51 (skipping the checks) for that one boot. Again you should check your iso first.

With 1.61 if you have a wave4 release that has the correct info then it will boot without activate.iso.

9. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

so if i have 1.51 himatchi i dont have to worry about upgradding to 1.6 or anything ?

:bowdown:

10. FINALBOSS

FINALBOSS

Yep :bowdown: It's the Rolls Royce of the modding community.