Hey Balzz- I think F1 is rigged...

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by 2DR Vette, Jun 26, 2001.

1. 2DR Vette

2DR Vette We don't freestyle the Eyes of Texas, Big Boy.

Watched the rebroadcast of the German Grand Prix last night- what was up with that cheese-dick 10-second stop-and-go they gave Ralf? Michael put the same two tires over the same line not 4 seconds in front of him and he didn't get a penalty! They had a GREAT run going between those two, then BAM! slap the younger one with a penalty and let the golden boy run away with the victory (Montoya is good, but he couldn't have cought Schumi at that point in the race).

I think Bernie is getting senile in his old age.... :big grin:

2. Balzz

Balzz Guest

I recorded the GP cos I missed it. I haven't watched it yet either. :crying:

3. 2DR Vette

:o :doh: Sorry I kinda spoiled it there. I'll shut up now...

4. Balzz

Balzz Guest

Oh well. It's a given that MS will win anyway so that isn't really a spoiler. :big grin:

5. LegendTodd

LegendTodd Guest

Cant spell Ferrari without FIA. ;):p

6. 2DR Vette

Very true... Just watch the exit from the first pit stop. Ralf is chasing Michael for most of the race until...... :big grin:

Get back to me tomorrow after you watch it and tell me you don't think something is afoot. ;)

LegendTodd- :bigthumb: It's getting kind of ridiculous. They need to level the playing field somehow, IMO...

7. LegendTodd

LegendTodd Guest

The beauty of F1 is the other teams now have the duty to catch up. I cant say too much without spoiling the race results but hopefully with the change to a dedicated single Honda race team the fields will ne narrowed a bit, leaving 4 possible contending teams for the constructors. From what I've read Honda's sounding extremely confident for the future.

8. Balzz

Balzz Guest

Actually, Honda's confidence isn't so great right now. They were all set to debut a brand new V10 with a myriad of new technologies for Magny-Cours that they had hoped would leapfrog the Ferrari, Mercedes and BMW but it turns out to be even weaker than the present motor. :(

BAR had an interesting new aero package up in front for the weekend. Doesn't look bad. Wonder if it performed well.

[​IMG]

Compare to 2 weeks ago.

[​IMG]

9. LegendTodd

LegendTodd Guest

:(

10. 93CivicEX

93CivicEX Charming, Dashing, Rental car bashing

There will not be a single honda entry as I heard on the rebroadcast last night. Honda will continue to supply BAR, and the Jordan teams...they reached a contract agreement last week...(I believe that is correct...)

11. Balzz

Balzz Guest

Yep, that's right. But there are still rumors that Honda eventually want a works team. This was the original plan when Honda was planning their reentry back to F1 but was axed after the death of the main person behind it (his name eludes me at the moment).

12. 93CivicEX

the most amazing part of all of this is...

F1 engines have NO GASKETS!!! :big grin:

13. Balzz

Balzz Guest

LOL! I'm surprised you know this. :big grin:

14. 93CivicEX

IM S-M-R-T

SMART! :big grin:

15. twin_turborx7

twin_turborx7 Sponsor: DeeperImage.com

I watched some of the race last night as well. R. Schu was robbed like a puppet.

16. 93CivicEX

How is Ferrari THAT MUCH better then EVERYONE except for the BMW entry of Ralf?

He has been in the front of EVERY race that I have watched, and even the Canadian that Ralf won, he lead alot of... the difference there was the pit stop...

M. Schu has what... 6 wins already this season? that is rediculous...

is Ferrari really that far ahead, or do all the other teams suck, or what??? is it a difference in driver, crew, engineer, or all of the above?

or, as 4drVette implied... is it all rigged? :big grin:

17. Balzz

Balzz Guest

As much as I loathe Ferrari, they really do deserve to be at the top right now. They spent 6-7 years building a team with little short-term success and they finally have every single piece of the puzzle they want in the right places. Probably right down to their lollipop man.

18. twin_turborx7

I believe he is working with the best crew and best equipment available. However I also think that he gets "assistance" from officials to keep him at the front. Or at least the other teams don't get enough assistance to beat him.

I dunno. He is certainly good but I agree in F-1 you shouldn't win that often with so many other good drivers in there and good cars/crews etc.

And a pic for you..

[​IMG]

19. Balzz

Balzz Guest

Definitely. There's no denying that Bernie favors Ferrari and MS. As the pic shows very accurately. Remember the disqualification of the Ferraris at the Malaysian GP couple seasons ago? :nono:

20. 2DR Vette

I could see all the hard work they pu tin paying off as a good explanation for why they would consistently be in the top three or top five finishes, but it's kinda of ridiculous when MS has a 2.5 race lead in the points and Ferrari is blowing everyone else out of the water in the constructors points. I figured it would be a little closer at least (this is the first season I've followed F1- thank GOD for SPEEDVISION!).

ttRX7- great pic, man- I think that says it all... ;) :big grin:

21. Balzz

Balzz Guest

I have to bookmark it. :big grin:

22. Section8

Section8 .

That's a great pic...I've somehow not seen that one before.

I too can't believe that put that penalty to Ralf. As soon as I saw the reply footage and MS was over the line too I actually stood up and started shouting at the TV. I honestly thought that BMW would try to appeal the decision, but they didn't.

And WTF is up with Mclaren? They just don't seem competitive at all anymore. They've basically swapped places with BMW these last 2 races, and without any testing before France, it'll probably be the same story there.

And I was hoping that DC may actually win the championship this year, but what was I thinking? Although there are still, what? 8 races left?

23. twin_turborx7

I agree with this.

24. Guest

Guest Guest

the rule states u cannot cross the line.
    Micheal touched but did not cross-no penalty
    Ralph crossed-penalty
    It was interesting to know that Ferrari emailed Charlie Whiting(Cheif Steward) regarding this incident.

More thrilling was the start, when Micheal pushed Ralph across the track towards the pit wall to keep P1 into turn 1. Great move.

25. ast27

ast27 Guest

Re: Re: Hey Balzz- I think F1 is rigged...

Was it Ferrari who sent the email? I thought the team's identity was kept secret.

When I first saw that he was penalized, I was very upset, because MS had done the same thing...its just that RS went way over, like you said.