SRS Heroin help

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Brian, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Brian

Brian New Member

i can find alcoholics anoymous cocaine anoymous, butno heroin anoymous can some give me a group or some program to help me

i said i could stop on my own but i cant and am admiting it now

the latest gram i bought tastes burnt what the hell does that mean am i smokeing dangerous besides h?

2. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

3. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

I don't really think scientology is good, which is what narcanon is. You should try:

Narcotics Anonymous, look in the stickies:
    http://www.na.org

At least half the people in narcotics anonymous have experience with heroin on average

I think I already talked to you on AIM, but I'm not to sure, NA is the place to go.

4. selfpollution

selfpollution New Member

narcanon is scientology? like wacko, freak out on Oprah and knock up Katie Holmes scientology? Weird. I had no idea... I thought it was just short for narcotics anonymous.

5. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Yeah, that's what I thought too until I did a little research. NA is short for Narcotics Anonymous but Narconon is an entirely different program based on scientology. I think they did it because they can be easily confused.

This is from the Narconon homepage:

"William Benitez, an inmate of Arizona State Prison, founded the NARCONON program in 1966. Benitez read a book by American author L. Ron Hubbard, and by applying the principles it contained on increasing one's abilities, he [SIZE=-1]and dozens of other inmates were able to permanently end their addictions to heroin."[/SIZE]

I'm of the opinion that Hubbard and all his followers are a little whack. I'd definitely trust something founded on the basis of Alcoholics Anonymous rather than someone like Hubbard.

6. wayne and zeus

wayne and zeus oh it will, won't it

Go to an NA meeting.

Saved my life, clean from heroin for 10 months. Used from age 16 to 31 and tried all other alternatives including methadone many times for years total, detoxes, treatment, Out Patient Counseling, Jails, shrinks, Suboxone, self will, substitution, etc etc.

NA is the only thing that has given me any clean time at all. And my life is friggin awesome clean, and it's mostly the people I met in the program.