SRS Here's The Deal. I Need Advice

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by M-1000, Nov 25, 2008.

1. M-1000

M-1000 COME FLY AWAY

Here's the background. In august a girl started at my work. She turns 19 tomorrow. I'm 22 (since October). Up until about a month ago I didn't really talk to her. But from the day we saw each other I saw a spark. I've been down that road before, and it was the best time in my life. I know what 'the look' is.

So as of last week i've been seeing her. We've hung out a couple times, we get along very well. As I said, i've been down the road before. I've been in many relationships and I know what i'm looking for now. So far she fits it. Physically I am in love with her. But thats just physical. Body structure, face, eyes, hair, whatever. Physically I can't ask for anything more.

Mentally though. That's where my problem is. She is smart. But she acts blonde some times. Just to have fun. Stupid things like, "What do you want to do tonight?". "I don't know. You decide". "I'm asking you, you can pick". "I cant think of anything, you pick". It's cute, but c'mon.

But for some reason I like that. There really is nothing to do. This girl can sit around and just chill and watch tv. Patiently. It's so relaxing and that's another thing i'm looking for. I'm tired of the bullshit of women. I don't need to always be doing something. I just want to find that person that is comfortable with doing nothing. I don't want to waste anymore time with bullshit relationships.

I talked to her a bit about what she wants out of life, and from the sounds of it/impression that i got from her, she just wants to find that person too. Not waste the time with the stupid ones. I am willing to offer that to her, but I am not completely sure of the situation yet.

To top things off, she might move 2 1/2 hours away at the end of December. Solely depending on, from what we've talked about, how things turn out between us from now until then.

So what I need to know is how am I to approach this from my perspective. Do I either open myself up to somebody again, and risk the chance of being crushed again or do i just have fun with her until then and then see what happens after that? But if I take route 2 then it risks the distinct possibility of becoming just another relationship :hs:

2. 7960

7960 New Member

better fit here.

open yourself up. you can never get the full benefit of anything if you don't give yourself fully to it.

3. pharcyde92

pharcyde92 New Member

Dont be too heartbroken if this ends up a bust. Be a man then decide for yourself.

4. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

She's seriously considering changing her plans for the future based on a 2 month old relationship?

And as far as the immaturity/ditzyness....she's 19.

5. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

You sure she isn't just looking for a guy to latch onto, get married, and have kids? Kinda sounds like she doesn't have any goals of her own, then again that could be b/c she's only 19. I'd just have fun with it for now and keep your eye out for red flags. Can I ask you does she have a lot of friends and does she hang out with them often?

6. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

She's one of those girls.

7. Dodger Blue

Dodger Blue OT Supporter

I agree with the age thing. She's going to change a lot in the next several years. Given my age I'd never date a girl that young because they change too much. But you're only 22 so she's in your age range.

If I were you I'd just hang out and have fun but just be careful.

8. M-1000

M-1000 COME FLY AWAY

thats what im thinking. have fun and see what happens. seems to be the best course of action on this one

9. mandrew

mandrew New Member

"have fun" is definitely great advice. Honestly I'm only 21 but most of the girls I find myself interested in are my age with type-a personalities or just older by a few years... I cannot stand immature women and it drives me crazy to be around them. It's definitely more fun when it comes to certain aspects of the relationship but if they act like that all the time I can't take them seriously.

10. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

I don't see what the issue is. Keep seeing her if you like her, stop if you don't. You don't have to get serious yet if you don't want to. If you don't feel like hanging out then tell her no.

Also, don't put off making plans on her. Women respond much better to men who take control and have plans. If you play this, "Well what do you want to do" game over and over eventuall, with most women, you'll annoy them. You're supposed to be a grown man so show some initiative and make plans,