Here's my weekly workout plan... what do you think? v.nolegdays

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Girder_Shade, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Girder_Shade

Girder_Shade OT Supporter

Monday - Chest
    Benchpress
    Incline Benchpress
    Dumbell Peck Flyes
    Dips

Tuesday - Back
    Upright Rows
    Bentover Rows
    Shrugs
    Pullups
    Deadlifts

Wednesday - Triceps
    Dumbell Overhead Tricep Extensions
    Closegrip Benchpress
    Barbell Lying Tricep Extensions
    Dumbell Kickback

Thursday - Biceps
    Barbell Curls
    Dumbell Curls
    Hammer Curls

Friday - Shoulders + Abs
    Barbell Behind Neck Press
    Barbell Front Raise
    Dumbell Shoulder Press
    Weighted Crunches

Does that weight training plan sound alright?
    All exercises consist of 5-7 reps, max weight, 3-4 sets. (not including warm up set)

Its all done at home, no gym for me, just using my dumbell/barbell/bench weights set.
    I've been doing this already for the past 6+ months and have noticed a small change in strength and size.

I left out legs for now because I decided my upper body needed to gain mass first, although doing lots of deadlifts I have noticed theres more meat on my glutes and hamstrings now.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  2. Girder_Shade

leg sackriding crew? :hsugh:

I know legs are important but how is the rest of the workout sounding?
    Have I got it all covered or should I mix it up with other exercises for the muscle groups? (except for legs I know)

3. maks

maks Bah! t(-_-t)

Right off the bat a whole day dedicated to triceps, and then a whole day dedicated to biceps doesn't sound quite right.

Also, doing legs helps stimulate muscle building all over (not to mention the direct benefits to your deadlifts). If you're worried about getting bulky legs, then don't lift so heavy....do 20 rep sets :bowdown:

4. maks

maks Bah! t(-_-t)

Sorry, i should have given a more helpful suggestion. My arm day is this:

Shoulders, Triceps, Biceps (6-8 reps)
    4 sets of Dumbbell Laterals (15-20 reps)
    4 sets of Barbell Shouder Press
    3 sets of Barbell Curls
    3 sets of Hammer Dumbbell Curls
    3 sets of Dumbbell Kickbacks
    3 sets of Cable Pressdowns

Other workout routines generally combine Back with Biceps. And Chest with Triceps.

When you do your back day, try deadlifts as your first exercise.

5. Girder_Shade

Well I only train for roughly an hour per day.
    I dont really feel the need to dedicate another day just for legs since the weekend I leave for resting and I dont have much time available to me during the week itself with work.

If I were to incorporate legs should I just have them during triceps or biceps?

6. Girder_Shade

That sounds alright actually.
    Will each muscle worked get full stimulation if I only spend 1 or 2 exercises per muscle on that day?

7. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

dude. Do some lunges, bulgarian squats, BB squats if you can, etc. Don't make stupid excuses. Even if you don't have a rack you can always clean a barbell up to your shoulders and do front squats.

Also as far as upper body I'd limit that to two or three days per week. Right now you're doing upper body five days a week. Maybe you're using really light weight or something, but personally if I was putting stress on my shoulders and elbows five days a week they would not be happy, and it'd be begging for an injury IMO.

8. fauxdiophile

fauxdiophile OT Supporter

it's probably smart to ignore the half of your body that makes contact with the earth

9. Girder_Shade

I WILL get around to legs. I know they are important but like I said, I really want to concentrate on upper body strength at this point in time.

Training upper body 5 days a week does come at a cost but my body has seemingly adjusted now giving me enough time to recover (not fully) between each muscle being worked.
    Which is why I placed chest and tris or back and bis a day apart.
    I lift as heavy as I can go without a spotter (as I have none) and go to muscle failure.

I take alot of amino acids, protein and try to get lots of sleep during the week but most of the recovery is on the weekends.

10. maks

maks Bah! t(-_-t)

Yes. On that note it works out because I will exercise Back or Chest the day before Arms. So they are kinda exhausted already.

My particular routine is just 4 days. It is very similar to alot of recommended ones on the net. The routines here in the stickies are more current than mine...i'm planning to adopt one of them when i bulk. Its almost always better to use a plan that a pro has made instead of making one on your own.

If you do Legs, i have found that I need to keep it as far away from Back as possible. If you work them good you will know why. :mamoru:

Like this...

Mon - Back
    Tues - Arms
    Wed - Off
    Thurs - Chest
    Fri - Legs

11. Abomb

Abomb New Member

ah. you are one of those.

a cock sucker.

suck some cock, chicken legs.

12. Girder_Shade

My legs are normal size, and my upper body isnt big enough to be called broly so in other words, you're a noob. :hsugh:

13. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

you seem pretty intent on continuing what you're doing. Nobody here really cares. You asked for criticism, and you're getting it.

It may destroy your joints, and it also may build functional imbalances throughout your body, causing other injuries or problems. On top of that, it will most assuredly build a retarded physique.

14. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

so you want to achieve a broly upper body before touching your legs? you mad dumb son.

15. nwmrkt

nwmrkt New Member

16. Girder_Shade

I asked for advice on my current weight training plan that I made myself, on how I could possibly improve it. Not dumbass remarks like "ur a cocksucker!!11"

What do you mean by functional imbalances?
    You're being too vague.
    I said I wanted to improve upper body strength and gain some mass before moving onto legs.

Its not like I'm totally disregarding the fact that legs plan an important role in body building.

:eek4:

17. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

well, one example is that you're building glute and hamstring size/strength with deadlifting, but you aren't getting any work in for your quadriceps.

You need to have balance in your movements. You wouldn't build huge and strong triceps without building huge and strong biceps... it would look weird and you might hurt yourself benching 350 because your biceps can barely curl 40lbs. That's an exaggeration obviously but hopefully you get the point.

18. Abomb

Abomb New Member

shouldnt have even bothered typing that out for the frat boy

19. Girder_Shade

Thanks for the info champ.
    Abomb, you're a wanker. :ugh2:

20. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

that is pretty much the worst routine ever.

A whole day for biceps and triceps? Do you really think they need that much stimulation?

21. Formz

Formz Hipster Santa OT Supporter

seriously WHAT THE FUCK? leg sackriding crew? Are you a fucking idiot? Because some one thinks you should workout your ENTIRE BODY instead of neglecting the biggest muscles you have they're a SACKRIDER?

work out your legs you fucking pussy.

22. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

What the fuck is with these posts. Are people getting together to troll F&N?

23. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

I think working legs is like hazing. Nobody really likes it but fuck, I've got to do it so you've got to do it too.

24. Marix

Marix OT Supporter

Okay, first of all please post pictures and we will see if your legs are dis-proportionately big etc.. I really don't believe they are.

Having one day just for bicep curls, and one day just for triceps is pretty dumb too. You choose to ignore some of the largest muscles in the body (quads, glutes, hamstrings, calves) and focus on one of the smallest - the bicep.

If you need an "arm day" fine, do that.. but don't have separate days for bis and tris!

If your arms really suck try combining exercises like this:
    Back and triceps
    Chest and biceps
    That way, they are being hit 2x a week.. once directly and one indirectly

IIRC, upright rows (at least the ones I'm thinking of) are a shoulder exercise and not a back exercise

Skeletor is also right that your routine kinda sucks and you will have muscle imbalances etc. E.g., you have a lot of front delt work (bench, shoulder press etc), a bit of side delt work, and almost no rear delt work.

If you have only noticed "small changes" after 6 months, you have to consider the fact that you are doing something wrong.
    Seriously, just choose a PROVEN, tried and testest routine from the sticky thread. There are lots of them that you can do at home with just basic equipment. You can thank me later, or you can continue down this path of ineffective training and lack of progress... it's up to you really.

25. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

Hey faggot! Guess what? Squatting WILL put mass on your upperbody.

But since you think you know it all, don't ask us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.