Here's my Dilemma....

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by itsallaboutvegas, Mar 29, 2005.

1. itsallaboutvegas

itsallaboutvegas New Member

So I posted an article stating powerbook vs ibook about a month ago. I decided to go with the powerbook and purchased a 15.2" 800MHz, 768MB Ram, 40 Gig HD, Combo CD burning Drive for $1100 Canadian. Heres my dilemma. I am in love with the look of the new powerbooks, being all aluminum with matching keyboards. I didnt realize the preowned powerbook I was buying was titanium and when I got there, the price just seemed too good to turn down.
    Now dont get me wrong the powerbook is amazing and I have just installed Panther which makes the experience far more enjoyable.

I was considering selling it, and for about $500 Canadian more I can pick up a 12" powerbook(aluminum) 1.33GHz, 60 Gig HD, and 256MB of ram, or I can get a 15" one for about $2000 Canadian more. I dont think the difference between mine and the new 15" is worth $2000, am I wrong? Anyhow is there much more a 1.33Ghz 12" Aluminum can do that mine cannot? and are their any major benefits to having that 12" as opposed to mine or vice versa?

WHAT WOULD YOU DO, IM IN A HUGE STATE OF COGNITIVE DISSONANCE/MAJOR CONFUSION.....

Hopefully someone with a little more mac knowledge than me can help me out.
    Thanks guys

2. falconbrad

falconbrad "You're one angry white boy."

Well, it will be faster and you will have internal DVD burning capabilities. What do you do with your PB? If it's just word processing, then keep what you've got and wait it out. When the G5 PBs come out, as they eventually must, then you're gonna want one of those even if you just bought a brand spanking new PB the day before.

So my vote is to stick with the investment you've made. If you had intending to do major graphics stuff or lots of compiling or running huge MATLAB scripts on your PB, you would have spent the money on a faster, newer one to begin with. This is just my guess... but now you've got my 2 cents.

Congrats on your "new" purchase whatever you should decide to do. I love my PB and it seems like you're already growing attached to yours, so welcome to the family.:hug:

3. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

well put. i concur. :)