HERE is the ring

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by armond, Jun 20, 2007.

1. armond

armond New Member

Well i got the ring ladies and gents. I did have a change of heart after a while. I saw the pears with the wedding band, and I did NOT like the way they went together. So I opted to make them round diamonds on the sidestones. I am very happy with it. :wiggle: I just hope she is! :noes:

BTW, will not be proposing until I get home from Kuwait, September, so am trying to come up with a killer plan to get engaged. I think I have some ideas, but I am trying to include as many of our friends and family as possible. Anyway, here is the ring, let me know what you think and sorry my digi is not that great at this, or maybe it is just me?!:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Shadoglare

Shadoglare NeoCon Commie Hitler Wanna-Be

Out of curiosity did you guys ever "window shop" together so you could get an idea of what kind of rings caught her eye?
    It's a very pretty, very traditional ring. Really no way to go wrong there. Especially with what appears to be some huge friggin' rocks.

3. armond

armond New Member

well no, she is of the mindset that she trusts me with whatever I pick for her. Sue says my tastes are well in the realm of what she finds totally acceptable. She does not like gaudy and crazy looking. This ring will show up on her finger, but will not look gaudy or too showy for her tastes.

She likes simple/traditional. Every woman I have shown this to has yet to have an issue with what i have picked.

She hates yellow gold. so white gold here.

4. Sionell89

Sionell89 I grew up when I wasn't looking

Very classy Armond. You did good. It's not overly gaudy, but it's unique.

Now, I have to disagree with you on the "include as many people as possible." Are they going to be IN your marriage too? No, or at least I would hope not. Yeah, there is a certain appeal in surprise and being able to show off, but she'll get to do that no matter what. But getting engaged...that should be a memory you make together. It's just you and her. The way it should always be.

5. Stargazer

Stargazer New Member

The ring is beautiful!! I don't know what the pears you were talking about would have looked like, but I definately like round and princess cut diamonds the best. I don't think you'll have to worry about her liking the ring - its very traditional, but unique at the same time. :)

As for the proposal...definately make it special! But think about her- would she want EVERYONE to be there for it, or would she rather it was a special moment between JUST the two of you?? I'm the kind of person who wanted it to be just me and him....I would have hated having an audience.

6. MP525i

MP525i New Member

very nice my man. i gave my (now wife) pretty much the same ring. except the 3 stones were closer together. silver gold and everything. :)

good luck with the engagment and the wedding plans (i'm certain she'll say yes!). my bride and i were just married on june 3rd. so happy all the planning is done with and we can just live our lives now.

again, good luck!!! :)

7. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Gorgeous! Good luck :big grin:

8. DarkAngel19

DarkAngel19 New Member

Oh beautiful, I love tasteful rings. The pear ones look nice, but they get snagged on things, and most women get tired of picking lint off their $4000 ring after a while. Nice swap for the round cuts, they catch more light anyway.

Lucky girl!

DA

9. giapia

giapia Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you re

hehe it looks like a face

very nice btw

10. armond

armond New Member

thanks everyone! the ring was complimented by everyone i know, guys/girls alike. hope sue ann thinks the same!

my girl's Sis talked to her today, and she said she would love it to be something witnessed. something she can talk to everyone about right after it happens, and for her friends and fam to be able to see. but of course she was like, then the next day she would want that 'alone' time ;)

So i think so far the idea of having fam and important friends around is a good one. it fits her. i know not everyone feels like it would be what they wanted, but this is about what she would want, and it seems like it works for her. we will, will keep you ppl updated!

11. Sionell89

Well, you know your girl, Armond. Go get her!

12. armond

armond New Member

pm is ur best bet lol

13. Miss Red

Miss Red New Member

aww the circle is complete! congrats, man

14. asugrl

asugrl New Member

that is how my fiance proposed, with my whole family and their SO's, his dad, and my best friend. It was perfect. I liked having the 10 people I am closest to be there to share the moment, yet I still got to tell everyone else I know. Good luck!

15. armond

armond New Member

Ya, I thnk she will love the idea. Family and like her 5 closest friends and mine. I think that would work out to be a good one.

Gonna cover it up like it is a welcome home party for me, since I will be coming home from Kuwait on the 20th of Sept.

Thanks much everyone, especially those who were there from the START! Back in 05 baby! That was such an interesting thread, got pretty huge LOL

16. Miss Red

Miss Red New Member

God was it really that long ago??

17. armond

armond New Member

Yeah, December of 05 when we got to gether, and it was around October/November when I started that thread. I was updating daily or every other day. Asking questions about what happened, talking about the way things are progressing, how it was a third times a charm. LOL the 3rd try she said yes! But she came to the realization she wanted to take the risk and that it was worth it.

18. jonno

jonno New Member

congrats armond

19. armond

armond New Member

thanks jonno! oh yeah, btw she never said no, she said i am scared. So it was always in her thoughts when i brought it up, just the risk involved was so high. we were best friends afterall! well we still are, and more so LOL

20. VinylButterfly

VinylButterfly In Utero

Yes its very pretty I'm like her I dotn like yellow gold too much, white gold is much much nicer and prettier. Although I don't like diamonds that stick out of the ring, but thats just me...the ring is soo pretty

I'm like that as well...*maybe* a few close friends but I wouldn't want an audience.

....I wonder if my boyfriend is reading this......hmmmmm

21. Sionell89

That's exactly what I was gonna post....

22. Project X

Project X New Member

this is the engagement ring and wedding band that I will be getting my gf... its by memoire.. total of 3cts when you add the bands.. 1ct+ loose stone.

[​IMG]

23. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Good lord, so...many...stones...

24. robbo185

robbo185 New Member

when is your birthday?

someone i know told his friends to have his g/f throw him a surprise party for his bday. She invited all the friends family etc....he proposed to her there and she had no idea that he was going to cause she thought it was just a birthday party. The look on her face when he asked her was priceless

25. Mojo

Mojo New Member

damn, thats a real nice ring.