MMA Herb Dean and Mario Yamasaki should be fired

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Civil Disobedient, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Civil Disobedient

Civil Disobedient "Die Biting The Throat" OT Supporter

Seriously.

WTF?!? stopping the Arlovski match when there's double submissions about to happen.

And yamasaki stoppin the fuckin tito fight WHEN TITO WAS ABOUT TO STAND UP.

Not to mention the bullshit stoppage of my boy Eric when Bisbing was punching him in the shoulder.

Big John should ref every match imo.

/rant

2. ITR06

ITR06 OT Supporter

Herb Dean, yes. I dont think his name is Yamasaki but no Tito was fucked up.
    Edit: I just watched the tito chuck fight again and wtf liddel last like 6 punches missed. Fuck they shouldnt have ended it. :(

Last edited: Dec 31, 2006
  3. CyberEye

CyberEye Oh god, the voices

It's Mario Yamasaki. And yes the Tito/Chuck fight got stopped too soon. He was hitting his arm, and the mat, when it got stopped.
    And yes we all know Herb Dean sucks, he didn't even say anything to Arlovski for holding the fence for all that time.

4. Mega-JC: Da Return

Mega-JC: Da Return Tiger Knee!

are you guys shitting me? Tito wasn't doing jack shit except teh fetal position and I wanted him to win.

5. Civil Disobedient

Civil Disobedient "Die Biting The Throat" OT Supporter

And not taking any shots and he was on his knees getting up when it was stopped.

6. metallikatz56

metallikatz56 New Member

7. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

Didn't see the arlovski fight yet but Tito was getting owned pretty hard in my opinion, that stoppage was good. Ive seen fights stopped from FAR less punches.

8. tenmeikanoh

tenmeikanoh New Member

Herb Dean's biggest problem is he's not assertive enough. We see it all the time. Andrei was punching the back of Cruz's head, and Herb was like hey stop, and Andrei kept punching away without getting stopped. He also got in an elbow to the neck, and of course those kicks. Again there Herb tried standing them up and then said screw it.

The Tito fight could be seen as stopped early after viewing it with our camera and and in slow motion. At full speed, from Yamasaki's angle, it was probably tough to see that the punches were mostly hitting his arms. Some of them were landing.

9. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

you did'nt see tito arguing about the stoppage but its pretty clear liddel was not landing to the face or really even to the head.

but Dean just stopped them and had no idea what he was gonna do after he stopped it...he just sat there and tried to figuire it out.

10. Mountain Dude

Mountain Dude Here it comes, and there it goes, another day in d

Yeah, bad reffing all around last night.

11. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

how many more fights is herb dean gonna fuck up?

12. TigreTek

TigreTek omega member OT Supporter

the tito stoppage was early BUT you have to realize it was over for him.

he said it himself, his foot was fucked. next two rounds would've been tito trying to avoid bombs while not being anywhere near as mobile and suffering from a greatly reduced ability to take chuck down and keep him there.

13. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

Tito one was stopped a bit early.
    Arlovski one wft was going on there 2 guys on the ground working for leg/ankle locks and he stops them then just lets them continue from the ground.

14. JustGod

JustGod New Member

No, he wasn't. He was still on his side when the ref jumped in. He twitched a bit at the exact moment, but he was not on his knees.

15. raxton

raxton .

If they gave tito 1 more second he was on his feet it was fuked but who cares rampage will be champ soon.

16. jag6984

jag6984 New Member

No. Tito was done. I would've liked Yamasaki let it go one another 10 seconds and I would've been happy, but the outcome wasn't going to change. Tito was just in the fetal position doing nothing, but blocking, albeit effectively. That isn't really fighting back.

The Arlovski stoppage was very weird, wasted quite a bit of time too. I agree that Herb needs to be more assertive, and just make a decision quickly, rather than waste time. I haven't seen the replay myself, but I've heard Arlovski was grabbing the fence? THAT should've been called.

17. ITR06

ITR06 OT Supporter

grabbing the fence is an understatment. He was holding the fence for like 15 seconds balancing himself to punish.

18. McClane

McClane Who Killed Marilyn?

This thread sucks. Sherdog material.

19. rengo

rengo Are you ready to rock, BK broiler!?

Tito didn't say anything about it being stopped early. Seems to me he knew he was done.

20. Sylva

Sylva New Member

Arlovski - what is he just supposed to let fouls go as long as they are in the middle of action. Arlovski kicked cruz in the face while on the ground. He had to stop and give him a warning. But the stoppage was shitty, should of been stopped much sooner imo, when cruz was not moving and I could he the thuds of arlovski hitting him about 8+ times after that, I think it was time to be stopped a little earlier.

Tito fight was a little early, chuck was punching him in the arm. But in the end I don't feel the outcome would of been any different.

You seriously think that the bisping fight shouldn't of been stopped? Bisping was landing bombs on eric's face. Hell it was so b/s that schafer was laying on the mat practicly unconcious for about a minute after the fight. Sounds like real b/s to me.:ugh:

21. teep

teep New Member

I thought it was funny how no one listened to Herb Dean. He tried to stand the Arlovski Cruz fight and they just said no. He tried to make Tito take off his things and Tito just shook his head and ran around the octagon with his flag. That being said I thought the Arlovski fight was poorly refed. I had no problem with the Tito fight being stopped. It was a little premature in my opinion, but I see it like Shamrock vs Ortiz II. It was over for Tito.

22. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Guest

lol i agree...lol fucking herb dean was the one who had the fucking opportunity to ref the barnett fight in pride...i mean what the fuck? big john ftw.

rampage vs liddell 2

crocop taking sylvia's belt, i dont need to say the round i know he will automatically win. sylvia aint got shit on him.

23. Kuet

Kuet New Member

youre an idiot, leave now.... wtf dude? smoke some more weed why dont you , wtf does above bold mean? herb dean had the opportunity to ref WHAT barnett fight? barnett and who ?? :ugh:

24. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

The Tito stopage seemed early, but when a guy is on his back taking blow after blow (even if most are being blocked or missing), the fight is stopped 9/10 times... They have to know that if they are on the ground, they have to do more than just cover their head and lay there, even if that might be the smartest thing to do... That is just the way it works... I did find it funny that Big John wasn't doing this fight as he generally goes just about EVERY BIG FIGHT... Wierd...

I didn't like the AA fight because Herb was warning him not to punch in the back of the head, but after repeated offenses, he did nothing about it... I honestly thought that when he stood it up, he was doing so that he could warn AA/deduct a point...

25. copeland

copeland smarter than you

Herb Dean has fucked up so many matches now...didn't he screw over tito/shamrock 2?
    liddel/tito 2
    and one other one...