her parents are cockblocking me...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by tehexile, Mar 27, 2006.

1. tehexile

tehexile New Member

FUCK... i dunno if u guys remember... i posted about this girl that was getting over a relationship. anyways, shes over it. wants to go out with me really bad, and i feel the same way. except her parents are giving her a really hard time about me in general. she says they like me (based on the 30 seconds i've talked to them), but shes gotten in a couple fights with her mom about how now shes only hanging out with me... and last night she got into what she said was the biggest fight in a long time because they think that im too old for her (only 2 years)... i dont know waht to do... she says her parents want me over for dinner one night, im guessing so they can grill the shit out of me.... ugh i dont know what to do... thoughts?

2. tehexile

tehexile New Member

oh yea... :highschool:

3. jonno

jonno New Member

just be respectful.. after they meet you they may feel differently. they also probably dont want her ONLY hanging out with you and losing all of her friends.

4. RedDawg

RedDawg Well-Known Member

do what everyone else does in highschool, have her sneak out or sneak you into the house late at night.

5. frpSpore

frpSpore New Member

First, I need to know your ages.

Assuming that their daughter is 18+, there really isn't any way that they can directly prevent her from seeing you.

Just be respectful, intelligent and mature. If they ask what your intentions are with their daughter (or some similar variation), just say that you think she is a good girl and you like spending time with her.

By the end of this little grill session, they will have either labeled you as approved or not. If not, I'd put money on the fact that her father will have a chat with you on the way out and tell you he doesn't want you seeing his daugther. If this is the case and the daughter is 18+, don't let him intimidate you or talk down to you. Respectfully let him know in your own words that the decision is not his to make.

The worst they can do is try to make her miserable (aka lot of fighting, ect.) in an attempt to get her not to see you.

6. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

From his previous thread, she is 16 and he is 18. I think many girls parents would be leary with their 16 yr old hanging out with an 18 yr old. Not that the age difference automatically equals drama, but at 18 you are often involved in different, more mature things then 16 yr olds.

Also, maybe her parents are concerned about her jumping from one BF to another in a short period of time. Less then a week ago she wasnt ready to date anyone, just wanted to chill, etc, and now she's "over it". Her parents possibly dont want to see her get hurt and question her motivating factors for hanging out with you. Maybe they think she needs some down time.

At any rate, go to dinner, be nice, be yourself, and let it go from there. If you work with her, you already are spending time with her that way and you probably see eachother at school. Let that be enough to hold you over for now, til her parents come around.

7. tehexile

tehexile New Member

yea she doesnt go to my school... which is good because shes not like the skanks that go there, but bad because i dont get to see her there. you got the ages correct, and are probobly on line with the 'dont want her to get hurt' thing. im also going to college in august/september... but she and i have talked about how things will change, but wont be gone etc etc...

i just really like her alot, and she definitly likes me alot. shes one of the greatest people ive ever met, just really nice, happy, and just a good person in general. shes got really good morals, which i respect entirely, and her parents are pretty religious (they even have those jesus fish with the cross on the back of their cars) ugh i just dont know what to do, i can handle dealing with the parents, but i dont want to see her getting yelled at all the time because of me

8. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Just play by their rules, do what you can to gain their approval, etc. and you'll be fine. Don't sweat it yet.

9. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

There is too many girls out there to fight an uphill battle against her parents. NEXT.

10. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

they said they want to have you over for dinner. that is them giving you a chance. dont completely fuck it up, and you will be fine.

11. krondo

krondo New Member

no way dude, dinner is the shit, just go in thinkin of a free meal with the chick you like and take er easy man. i highly doubt they're gonna grill you, not most parents now days do, my girlfriends parents invited me over to eat and i got no worries man.

12. tehexile

tehexile New Member

edit: deleted for me being stupid

Last edited: Mar 28, 2006
  13. BlazinBlazer Guy

:eek3: whoa, drop the attitude! He was giving his opinion, thats all. Sounds to me like you'll be perfect for the 16 year old with as immature as you come across in here....:ugh2:

14. Muffin Man

Muffin Man New Member

Man seriously just be yourself, i am in college and currently seeing a hs chick and just be a cool guy like i'm sure you are and your parents will like you. Oh yeah leave out anything that includes you getting retardedly drunk and forget to mention anything that has to do with drugs or sex.

15. tehexile

tehexile New Member

heh sorry i just hit a bowl and i havent been in too good a mood lately.. my b

16. Epiphany

Epiphany 78% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Do you really like this girl or are you looking for something else? If she doesn't want the physical part of a relationship are you willing to stick it out?

First of all, this is my opinion.

I know that it's a lot different when you are that age. At 16 if I wanted to date a person who was 18 my parents wouldn't have stopped me. No question. I would have done it behind there back.

At the same time... 16 and 18 are light years in physical relationship maturity levels. What you may be ready for may not be what she is ready for and she may not be for a long time.

I don't feel that should be messed with. I don't feel any 16 year old has any business having sex pressured or not and I have always felt that way. If that is your intention then in my opinion is that you move along and forget it. There are laws against this anyway.

Her parents worry about her becoming physically invested. I don't feel 16 year olds have the capacity to deal with the emotional investment of that very well. If she gets pregnant, they become responsible. You need to respect the situation. If that is not what you are looking for and your intentions are completely in the other direction then you will do whatever it takes to win them over and not have a bad attitude over it. It's all in how you play your cards. ;)

17. GMACK24

GMACK24 Active Member

LOL at Cock Block.

ha ha

18. tehexile

tehexile New Member

:ugh:

19. tehexile

tehexile New Member

yea we've talked about sex and whatnot... basically after a few months oral and such, but no sex, she cant have an abortion, i dont blame her and can respect that. the physical part is nice, but this girl is just amazing in every way, and definitly want more than just a physical relationship out of this. hopefully i'll think of a good way to word that for her parents..

20. BlazinBlazer Guy

A word to the wise, I wouldn't even mention the physical aspect of the relationship if I were in your shoes. If you're asked about it, just say "I respect your daughter and her wishes, and I refuse to do anything that will put her in harm's way."

It's just that easy.

21. Guardfather

Guardfather The Paradox

:werd:
    You may also make an effort to suggest she hang out with her friends once in a while, or even see if you and she could get together with her friends and do something as a group.

22. maybeitsyou

maybeitsyou New Member

i read the first post and i thought u were the guy that was talking to my ex...i started to get angry...damn friends that are back stabbers -_-

23. BrokenHalo

BrokenHalo New Member

i have nothing useful to add here... only "highschool" :rolleyes:

those were the days :rofl:

24. tehexile

tehexile New Member

haha yea i know, i threw that in my original post :p

25. tehexile

tehexile New Member

yea i actually told her that i wanted to meet some of her friends, since she had met some of mine.