Helping out an ex...?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Jonari, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Jonari

Jonari Well-Known Member

Any of you guys help our your ex-SOs? My ex is not a legal citizen of GA and for a while she was claiming out our university she was, so she can get the local scholarship, which pays for the semester tuition.

However, they found out she was missing a document, and now they need it. Unfortunately, she doesn't have this document. I'm not a bad person, but I like to help people in times of need. I want to help my ex-gf out, even though all the problems we've had in the past.

btw, this is VakhariaINC who dated that Brazilian girl. Just changed my name. :hs:

2. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

How would you even be able to help her?

Either way, I would help her out assuming she didn't cheat on you or anything. Regardless of your past with her, it is always good to help someone out, particularly someone who you cared deeply for at some point.

As long as what would be necessary on your part doesn't put your life/happiness in jepordy then I say go for it. I know that if my ex (despite everything that has happened with us) ever really needed my help I would be there for her in a heartbeat. But then again, I just like helping people.

3. Yahdude

Yahdude New Member

If it was something just as simple as allowing her to use your mailing address I would think it an asshole move not to. Barring she didn't sleep with your best friend and steal your dog etc~ (never know)

4. Jonari

Jonari Well-Known Member

I was going to help her pay for her tuition at our local university. It's not much, going to be around $2K for Fall Semester & another $2K for Spring Semester.

5. fray

fray New Member

Personally, that's further than I would want to go. But, as long as you have no expectations for repayment or for your relationship, and you go in with your eyes open, then do whatever you want.

6. energie

energie I like to place an order.. the name? Situation the

if you broke up and still talk to each other and are "friends" go ahead. if you can spend that 2k dont worry bout it. I see no harm in doing it if you two are still mutually talking/etc

7. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

By "helping her pay" you mean using mommy and daddy's money to pay for it right? There's nothing wrong with helping a friend out with reasonable things but giving someone 4k to pay for school is just ridiculous. You guys broke up and yet she still has you whipped enough for you to consider giving her money. There's no reason she can't get a job or take out a loan to pay for it. Stop wasting your parent's money on this girl and move on already.

8. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

When it comes to money, it kinda changes things. I don't know how well off you are, but $4,000 is a good chuck of change, and how do you even have that much disposable income while being a student?

I guess this would really depend where you guys stand. If you've broken up and are still friends then you could just consider it helping out a friend who really needs it. However, if she just out of the blue contacted you, it might not be such a good idea.
    First and foremost, DON'T expect repayment of this money... even if she says she will.

I still love/care for my ex deeply and always will, but I am not sure I would throw $4,000 at her like that. Mostly, because I don't have the money and she is really bad with financial decisions, but nonethless. I suppose if I had the money I would probably do it if we retained a friendship after the breakup.

Either way, it sounds like this could go good or bad either way. Best of luck.

9. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

I mean its not all that much money, but screw that! Money tends to change things and not in a good way. Surely she can get some form of loan or something?

10. ASoT

ASoT New Member

Are you hoping to get back with her or something?

11. fray

fray New Member

I don't think I'd even throw the money at a straight-up friend....especially if they needed the money because of a situation they created!! She knew she was wrongly getting those scholarships, so I don't really feel too bad for her now that they got taken away....

12. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

No offense...but just as I said in your threads about this girl before-I find you idiotic.

Let her handle her own shit. She's the one who got herself into this mess.

13. iwishyouwerebeer

:bowrofl: Helping pay her tuition

:uh:

14. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

If you're going to loan someone 4k (and since you don't think it's that much, care to give me a loan of about 5K?), you better damn well get it on a contract of when she will pay you back, how she will pay you back, what the money is to be used for, etc. And get it notarized or whatever you have to do to make it official and legally binding.

You DO NOT just loan someone 4k.

15. sapient

sapient New Member

Tell her to get a job or get a loan. A four thousand dollar debt will end a friendship, trust me. You have no business supporting her.

16. Jonari

Jonari Well-Known Member

:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh: its my money that i have

17. aim2kill

aim2kill New Member

i was once in fl on vacation and an ex called being out of gas, i called in a favor through an extensive network of friends and it was taken care of from 1000mi away.

wouldnt do it again, but i wasnt dating anyone else at the time ect.

now im in a happy relatioship and wouldnt even consider it because of the eyebrows it might raise.

18. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

favors for ex's are fine when you guys are now friends.
    but favors mean things like giving someone a ride, or buying them lunch, or vouching for them in a background check.

favors are NOT paying 4k. would you do this for another casual friend?

19. Midgetized

:rly: that's not what it sounded like in this thread http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=3666410

You're in college, you have no job, you live at home, your dad gave you a car and your gf put you in debt but somehow you have $4k to give to her?

20. Midgetized

There was no mention of the word LOAN at all in his post. It sounds like he just wants to give her the money to pay for it :ugh:

21. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

I wouldn't give my brother 4k, I wouldn't give my mom 4k, I wouldn't give my best friend 4k. $4000 is a lot of fucking money unless you're making nearly 7 figures.

Obviously its not your money since you admitted to not having a job and having a car given to you by your parents in a previous thread.

As already pointed out in this thread, helping someone out does not include giving them an ass load of cash. A favor is generally something that costs very little to the person doing it. Unless you're a millionaire, you're a moron. Even then, you're a moron.

22. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

Does anyone here really have an idea of how much $4000 is? That's wedding ring money material. Jesus christ...

23. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

I dodged that bullet, I was ready to front her tuition untill her loan came through. Good thing we broke up because she gave up HCC after half of a semester of remedial courses. I didnt know she was that dumb.

If you are simply helping with paper work then I would say it depends on the circumstances of the brake up. What ever you do, do not put up cash for her unless it is a life or death situation. But that is my opinion. :hsd:

24. iwishyouwerebeer

How about she works on becoming an true American citizen first.

25. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

4 months work without spending ANY of it. Well, it would be like 3 and a half months.

To think someone is just thinking about GIVING someone 4k boggles my mind.